Put Down The Blade ❤️

Trigger warnings; graphic descriptions of self-injury, blood and upsetting content following this topic.

Summary; Sylvie finds you self-harming with one of Loki's knifes and she and Loki try their best to stop and help you.

The mission was a total disaster. You knew you were only going to slow them down and yet you joined them anyway. For what? To prove yourself to Loki and Sylvie? To the TVA? To yourself? Your head began to cloud and a heavy feeling weighed down on your chest and shoulders. You took a deep breath and tried to compose yourself. But it was no use. You had completely derailed the mission and you had no doubts that Sylvie and Loki would be furious at you.

Sitting up straighter on the ground, a shiver was sent down your spine. The wind is harsh and cold on your face. You looked around to find that no-one is near you. For as far as you can see, you are alone.

Maybe now is a good time to end things. No-one by your side and Loki and Sylvie already on their way without you, it all fell into place perfectly for you to just give up. You reach deep into your pocket to pull out the last thing you took from Loki - a broken dagger. One of its sides was cracked and jagged, no good in combat. But to you, it was okay. You only needed one side to be sharp enough to cut through the layers of your skin.
You stare down at the blade as it reflects off light from the purple sky above.

From behind you, ontop of the hill, Loki and Sylvie march towards you. They've been frantically searching for you after the last explosion and you went missing.

"Is that her?" Sylvie points down at the slouched being many meters away.
"I think so. Is she ok?" Loki questions.
The pair begin to move forwards to you, to get you back with your team and continue what you three had set out to do.

But you had already assumed they were gone and that you were alone. You hovered the delicate metal above your left forearm and took another shaky breath. You closed your eyes and pushed the blade down, breaking through a couple layers of skin, and sliding across. Warm blood spilled from the first wound and you choked out a small sob you had tried so desperately to hold back. A couple seconds passed and you steadied your breathing. Eyes open this time, you took the blade centimeters below the first cut and sliced yourself again, adding more pressure this time.
You cried out in pain and blood pooled in the deep cut, watching as the blood tipped out onto the surface below you.
Your whole body was shaking, the adrenaline in you rising. For a third time, you ripped apart your flesh and shrieked loudly. The pain was agonizing but you knew this was what you deserved. This was your fate.

Closer now, Sylvie could see that you were shaking and could hear the quiet sounds of your sobs. She stopped in her tracks and put her arm out in front of Loki.
"What's that?" She pointed at the dark puddle surrounding you. Suddenly her face dropped and she sprinted past her male variant.

Running as fast as her legs could carry her, she made a beeline for you. You picked up the knife again, and held it over your skin once more, eyes blurred with tears and you attempted to make a fourth cut.
"Noooo!" Sylvie screamed, as she came down onto your right arm, pinning you down and holding the rest of you back with her other arm. The knife clattered from your hand and onto the ground, splashing into the blood. Sylvie picked it up and threw it as far away as she could get it. She kept you steady and turned to face you. She took your face and cupped it in her hands, her eyes searching yours to see what you were thinking. Tears began streaming down your face and she gripped your injured arm pulling it towards her.

"Oh dear god.." She said stunned. Her voice was shaky and filled with worry. You couldn't do anything, helpless, weak and crying, you leaned forward into Sylvie and put your weary head against her chest.
Instead of moving away, she let you, still holding into your arm. Loki had walked to reach you both and stood mouth gaping.

"Take of your shirt. I need to bandage her wounds." Sylvie demanded.
Loki stared, looking down at you then back at Sylvie.
"What?" He said.
"Just do it!" She shouted.

He did as he was told and passed his blue shirt to her, and she applied pressure to your arm. You hissed in pain and felt Loki lean down to sit beside you, rubbing his hand up and down your back in attempt to comfort you.
Your crimson blood soaked up into the shirt and Sylvie begin whispering to herself.

"No no no, come on, pet... keep your blood in your body!" You could sense she was starting to panic as she flipped the shirt round in different ways to find clean spots, only to have it stained over and over. The cloth was now dripping but your arm was no longer bleeding as heavily.

Sylvie used her magic to get another cloth, this time bigger, almost like a towel, and wrapped your arm in it gently. Red still seeping through but not nearly as bad as it was before.

"I- darling, why?" Loki said.
You sighed, unable to bring your head up from Sylvie's chest. Sylvie took your chin in her hand and lifted your face to meet hers.

"Love.. please don't do this to yourself." She said, gazing into your eyes.
"I-I'm sorry" You choke out.
Sylvie uses the rubber band that she uses to tie up her hair, to keep the towel in place around your arm. She then pulls you into a tight hug, and you relax into her warm body.
The feeling of comfort alone is enough to make you start crying again.

"Shhh," She hushed. "It's gonna be alright."