• The Descendants •

¶¶ Leaves from the vineFalling so slowLike fragile tiny shellsDrifting in the foam ¶¶

Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam ¶¶

¶¶ Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Come marching home ¶¶

|| ☁️🌙☁️ ||

The sun was up, its light shining on the livings on earth, like a sign of a new life began. But for demons such as Kokushibou, it means a sign of death, as the sunlight was very deadly to them.

With the sun already out, Kokushibou found himself stuck inside a cave as his shelter, when a high-pitched voice echoed through the cave.

" Hello? "

Kokushibou was deep inside the cave, hidden in the shadow. His eyes fluttered opened, his meditation was broken. He stayed still and did not respond.

Another voice came, " Mui, Mui, see inside. Let's go."

" D-Dark! "

" I'm here."

There was a hum and footsteps sound now. Kokushibou watched until he saw a pair of children -- twins.

" H-Hello? " Muichiro stuttered, grabbing his twin hand.

" Who you? " Yuichiro asked, seeing the demon.

Kokushibou tilted his head. The shadow was hiding his face so the twins probably didn't see his multiple eyes.

" Go home, children. " His deep and low voice echoed through the cave. He wasn't starving enough to feast on children that day, and all he wanted to do now was to rest.

Yuichiro squinted his eyes while Muichiro still looked nervous. Then the oldest twin noticed the weapon on Kokushibou's side.

" Stick? " He guessed, pointing at the sheathed sword.

" I said, go home. " The demon repeated, pulling his sword out of the children's sight.

" You suck."

That made Kokushibou's eyes widened slightly as he watched Yuichiro turning around and leave, dragging Muichiro with him.

Where did he learnt to say that? Such a foul mouth for a kid like him.

The youngest twin looked over his shoulders and timidly waved one hand.

" Bye-bye."

_________

The second time Kokushibou see the twins again was in a very cloudy day.

With the clouds blocking the sun, the demon was free to roam around until the clouds moved on. He dropped by a river, tucking off the string that tied his hair and scooped a handful of water. Cold sensation running on his skin as the water he splashed on his face dripped to the ground.

" Ah! "

Kokushibou snapped up his head and saw the twins again, both now eyeing him with shock, now that they could see him clearly now. The children was on the other side of the river, a small wooden bucket were held by them together.

He stared at the twins for a few seconds before decided to ignore them. Kokushibou took out a handkerchief and wiped his face clean. He tied back his hair with the string and stood up to leave.

" Yuichiro! Muichiro! "

The twins turned around and saw their father hurried towards them, looking relief at their sight.

" I told you to wait for me! " He sighed and held his sons' shoulders. " Please don't run off like that again! "

" Dad! Dad! Six! Six! " Muichiro tapped his father repeatedly and pointed across the river. " Six eyes! "

Their father looked up but saw no one. Despite the confusion, the twins' father just chuckled and made them promised not to stray away again. Then he helped them scooped some water into the wooden basket they brought and walked home.

Hiding behind a tree, Kokushibou watched the family left. He felt oddly connected to them in some ways. Curiosity overwhelmed him and he used the see-through technique, or known as the Transparent World, allowing him altering his vision and perception.

Kokushibou eyed the twins and their father for a few seconds. Then he understood why he felt some kind of connection with them.

" My... descendants..." He hummed, placing a finger on his lower lips.

Well, this is interesting.