Prologue

One day, one day wandering off the path, and your whole life can change forever. I was on my way to a new city when I took a wrong turn at the fork. This new place wasn't what I was expecting. Everything looked soft and natural. Insects and animals thrived along with the citizens.

I explored the paths of the village. I saw someone building a house not far from a large tree that seemed to serve as a landmark. They were making it out of red mushroom and dark wood. They were positioned awkwardly in scaffolding and putting in calcite walls on the second floor.

While they weren't paying attention, the yellow and purple split coat they were wearing got caught in the scaffolding. They tried to get it unstuck, and in the process, they fell backward and were hanging upside down from the second story.

"Hang on! I got you!" I yelled. I quickly positioned all my bags and blankets to where I thought they'd fall. I looked around for something else to break their fall. I found a chest with some wool in it and added that to the pile. For extra, I pushed a couple hay bales into the mound. And just in the nick of time too. The person's coat tripped and fell headfirst into the heap.

"Ugh," They moaned as they crawled out of the heap.

"I mean, it could've been worse. You could've fallen on the bare ground," I said with a chuckle as I helped the stranger up.

"Thank for the help, man," They said with a smile.

"It's no problem. So do you live around here?" I asked.

"Umm, yeah. Why? Were you thinking of settling in?" They asked. "We're kind of an adventuring town," They explained. I thought about it. I wasn't meeting anyone where I was trying to go. I only tried to go there for a fresh start. Why not do it here instead?

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I will," I said with a smile.

"Awesome!" They said with a grin. "I'm Rina, by the way, and my pronouns are They/them,"

"Cool!" I exclaimed. "I'm Y/n, pronouns are They/them!"

"Awesome! Fable remains forever fruity. C'mon, there's so much you have to see," Rina took my hand and lead me throughout 'Fable' as they called it. I think I'm gonna like it here.