episode 2 [part 1]

(im gonna take a wild guess and say that sae-byeok's around 17-18 so thats how im gonna describe her)

Everyone was cowered in the back of the room, recovering after what just happened. Most people had their knees drawn to their chests, silent. Kyo sat on her bed, she was surprised she remembered which one was hers, until she remembered that she had scrawled on the pillow with the pen she was given but technically not given. 

Even though Kyo offered, 067 leaned against her bed's pole, silent and emotionless. Kyo had thought about talking to her, but didn't bother as an alarm buzzed and the large doors opened again.

Kyo assumed it was the same square masked man entering surrounded by triangle masked guards. The lights turned on as everyone scrambled to get up, slightly terrified. Kyo remained where she was, she could see perfectly fine. 067 stood up though, resting her arm against the top of her bunk.

"You have all made it through the first game," the masked man said. "Congratulations, you're moving on. I will now announce the results of the first game." The screen above that displayed how many people were in the room began to change, from 457 it eventually stopped at 201.

It hit Kyo like a brick being thrown into glass. 255 were dead. They weren't coming back. Her hand rubbed an old scar on her shoulder; it was a habit she definitely had to grow out of.

People gasped, beginning to murmur with the person beside them. Some began to breathe heavily in fear. Kyo ran a hand through her hair. All that adrenaline that had flooded through her during the game was fading away. A woman was pleading with the masked man, as were other people. Square man spoke, "There seems to be a misunderstanding. We are not trying to hurt you or collect your debts. Let me remind you that we're here to give you a chance."

Kyo didn't bother listening until the masked man brought up the clauses even when a gunshot was fired, to which she and Sang-Woo responded, "Consent form clause 3, if all the players agreed to stop playing, the games are allowed to end."

Sang-Woo and Kyo glanced at each other as the man wearing glasses stood up, "Or are we wrong?"

The masked man paused, "You both are correct."

"So let's vote on ending this," Sang-Woo said. "If the majority wishes to leave this place, then everyone gets to go home, right?" 067 glanced at Kyo, catching the girl's attention who tilted her head in confusion.

"What?" 

"Nothing. You have blood on your cheek." She gestured to her cheek before slowly moving forward, licking her thumb and wiping away the dried blood on Kyo's cheek, wiping her thumb on the girl's jacket.

"You were sweet for two seconds before you ruined it," Kyo said with a grin, causing 067 to turn while rolling her eyes. She didn't know, however, that 067 had a shit eating grin on her face.