Chapter 1: Poguelandia

After the first night at Poguelandia they all wake up a little unsure what to do next. They sit together in silence as they think of ideas.

"I'm so hungry" Sarah mumbles

"Me two" John B adds

"Me three" JJ Joins

"Me four" Pope keeps going

"Me five" Cleo laughs

Kie rolls her eyes as she doesn't want to eat anything but laughs as they group kept whining. She sits up and walks off.

"Kie where are you going?" John B ask furrowing his eyebrows

"Going to get you losers some food"

"You can't go alone!" Sarah yelled out

JJ dust the sand of his legs as he gets up walking over to Kie

"She's not alone." He says with a smirk.

The two teens walk off into the distance smiling and laughing

Pope sends a slight glare at the sight of the two. He's ok being friends with Kie but that doesn't mean he's over... yet

~

As they walk JJ looks over at Kie her head is down and she is really quite her face looks empty. She's not okay

"Kie you alright" JJ asks as he keeps his gaze at her

She looks over at him and nods giving him a slight smile. She doesn't say anything but puts her head back down and continues to walk along the sand.

JJ stops as he knows somethings wrong

"Kie." he says softly

She doesn't say anything. She doesn't even look at him, she just keeps walking in silence.

JJ starts to get worried. He grabs her wrist and turns her around so she's looking at him. But she doesn't, her head is still down not making eye contact.

"Kiara. Look at me." JJ says a little more seriously this time

She looks up at him with tears in her eyes. She rolls her eyes as she wipe away her tears

She hates crying in front of people, especially the pogues she doesn't want to look weak and she more importantly doesn't want them to worry. Kie has never really opened up to the boys about how she's doing and what's going through her mind. She hates her thoughts it's like their on a loop and they never give her a break, little do they all know eventually it gets the best of her.

"Sorry I'm fine." She says giving a reassuring smile.

She goes to walk off but her pulls her back again.

"Talk to me" He says looking in her eyes

JJ never was really good at comforting people but when it came to the pogues, especially Kie he didn't want them, her, to be alone. He didn't want her to be struggling without talking to someone. He knows what that's like, and when he finally let it out, Kie was there. She was always there. So it was his turn to repay the favour.

She looks up at him as a single tear drops down her face and into the sand.

"Kie what's wrong?" He says pulling her into a warm friendly hug.

She wraps her arms around his torso as she puts her chin on his shoulder.

He feels her to begin to shake. He hears her breath begin to become unsteady. He's not sure what to do. He doesn't know what's wrong. He's really worried. Kie has never been emotional with him. The most he has seen from her was when John B & Sarah "died". She pulls away and wipes her tears.

"I- I've just, it's nothing." She says one more time hopefully it works

"Kie I may be stupid, but I'm not that dumb okay that wasn't nothing." He says looking at her with concern.

"Look J- I just woke up from a nightmare that won't get out of my head. Every night it's the same thing. It keeps playing on repeat in my mind and it won't stop. Why won't it stop?" Her voice begins to break again

JJ looks at her, he's taken back by her words. He never knew she was hurting so bad. He doesn't like It when she's upset. He doesn't like it when any of his friends are upset. But Kie is the life of the party, she's the glue of the pogues. He and Kie are probably the closet in the group. So seeing her like this makes his heart break.

"Maybe you need to talk it out?" He ask as he sits down on the sand patting next to him for her to sit down.

"No this was dumb I just shouldn't have said anything" She closes her eyes and begins to mumble things to herself.

"Kie don't shut me out, look I might not be the best at this but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna try. Ok? You're my best friend and I hate seeing you hurt" He says while looking up at her.

"Now sit your ass down so we can talk." He says in a serious but goofy way

She laughs and sits down.

She is very thankful to have JJ. But is anxious though to talk about what happened, because it's not your typical nightmare.

~

WORD COUNT: 864 WORDS

A/N:

Hi! Soooo this is my very first book and I'm super nervous about what y'all think. Put suggestions in the comments and I hope you're ready because it's about to be a hell of a ride. 🥰