30| 𝑾𝒆'𝒗𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆

3rd Person POV
Mikaelson Mansion, Mystic Falls

The group had arrived and were scattered across the mansion, seeing to their many duties. Kol had taken Davina to lie down for a bit, as she had been badly hit by the spell. Caroline and Stefan had offered to sit with Lizzie while Kaitlyn's wounds were being tended to. Alaric was sat on a living room couch, hand-in-hand with a nervous Josette- nervous about resurrecting Kai, about meeting her daughters, about going back. Bonnie was on the couch opposite theirs, head placed on Enzo's lap as everyone was trying to recharge before the final battle- facing Kai Parker for the hundredth time now.

Damon walks into the kitchen and hands Kaitlyn another bloodbag but she pushes it away, causing him to frown.

"You need the energy," he points out.

"I have enough energy, I don't need a fourth bag," Kaitlyn retorts as he rolls his eyes at her.

"You did brilliant out there," they hear Freya speak as she walks into the kitchen and settles down on the opposite side of the kitchen counter.

"Gotta do whatever you can when it comes to your kids," Kaitlyn shrugs and Freya nods.

"That's what I've been seeing all these years now. And honestly, it's amazing to watch the lengths one can go for their family. This is all I've ever wanted- a family. A family to be happy with, to fight for, fight beside, even die for; if it ever comes to that," Freya confesses and both and Damon notice Kaitlyn tense up at the mention of death.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Kaitlyn mumbles.

"Hey, the only one who's dying tonight is Kai Parker. And we're putting him down properly this time," Damon states and Kaitlyn nods half-heartedly before stumbling up from her seat.

"Where are you going?" Freya asks as she too gets up and helps Kaitlyn stay on her feet, "you need more blood. You're still weak."

"I told you," Damon scoffs.

"No, I'm fine. The spell was just too powerful so I'm a little drained. It's not the injuries so the blood won't help this," Kaitlyn answers and Freya nods in understanding.

"Okay then let's help you up to your room so you can rest up a little," Damon offers but Kaitlyn shakes her head 'no'.

"I have a lot to do and we don't have much time," she protests, "Damon, can you get Ric, Enzo and Kol to go to school and get the werewolf-training basement prepared? Only Ric knows what he did to Kai's body, anyway. Meanwhile, I need to go check on my daughters, call the other two kids and Elijah."

"Caroline and Stefan are with the girls and they're both napping. I checked before I came here," Freya informs, "as for calling Elijah, I'm sure he'd have called you himself, if he had any news to share."

"Okay then, we can discuss the plan with Jo and Bonnie while Vina rests," Kaitlyn grumbles as her feet start to ache more, "oh, did you rest?" she then questions Freya.