Chapter 1

JB dangled her foot off of the roof as he stood and drank from his beer.

"That's like a three story four, I give you about a one in three chance of survival," Pope teased. JB Hums and sticks a finger in his mouth before holding it to the sky, testing the wind.

"Should I do it?" He replies.

"Yes, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope said has he aim to drill gun at him. Sofia peeked an eye open to look at the commotion, all she wanted to do today was drink some beer and take a nice, quiet nap. But no. JB had declared suicide today.

JB and Pope continued their banter as Kiara walked out of the housing development, complaining about, well, something. They technically weren't supposed to just be lounging on the scaffolding but when have they ever done what they're supposed to.

"Can you please not kill yourself," she says as she spots JB.

"It's suicide day, Kie." Sofia dramatically stated.

"Don't drop that beer, I'm not giving you another one," JJ interrupted, and many seconds later, Sofia watched the Carnforth three stories below.

Sofia rose to her feet, stretching her arms in the air and freezes as soon as she spots headlights. JJ has been too preoccupied to notice her rigidness because all he could focus on was the small flower tattoo on her hip bone, only visible due to her already cropped tank rising as she stretched.

"Uh, guys. Security's here," she warned.

"Alright, let's wrap things up then shall we?" Pope asks rhetorically.

JJ snapped back into reality and looked over at the top of the metal "Ryan, is that you?"

The friends raced to the garage I need to be met by Ryan and some other guy as JJ skidded to a sudden stop right before smacking into the guards chest. Sofia, Right behind him, ran straight into his back and then his chest when JJ flipped around and pushed her backwards, away from the men. Oh Sofia heard, was laughter from her friends as they dodged all the security guard to get to the van. The adrenaline was overwhelming as JJ swung Sofia into the now moving van before he voted himself inside too.

Sofia leaned across the centre console to grab a spliff from the glove box, winking at pipe in the passenger seat along the way.

"Stop JJ, you're going to give him a heart attack," joked Kiara once she calmed down a little bit.

"Oh come on Kie, that kind of initiative is begging to be punished." he quipped back, grabbing the drugs stick from Sofia as she pouted in return. JJ raised his eyebrows at her and pulled the light out from his side pocket and presented it to everyone watching him. Sofia's pout slowly started to rise into a small smile as she watched him lightly and take a few puffs before shifting to lay his head in her lap and pass her this month.

The crew drove across the bridge with music blasting out the car windows from all directions as they sped by sign that they could only see periodically.