♡1

The cold air from the outside filled the hospital waiting room

The cold air from the outside filled the hospital waiting room. The rain was hitting the glass of the windows harshly. Every drop sounded like a loud bang. A small woman- like figure was sitting in the almost empty room resting her head into her palms. Cho Nabi was desperate to know if her father was alive or not. The girl was waiting for the surgeon with tears in her eyes.

Every minute felt like an eternity. But eventually, the doors for the waiting room opened up revealing the surgeon in charge.

"Cho Nabi?" The surgeon said as he took off his mask while he looked serious and concerned. They both locked eyes as the surgeon spoke up again approaching the girl.

"Can we go somewhere more private?" She knew exactly what was waiting for her.

The tears that she held in for so long finally found their way out. He walked her towards a private meeting room and closed the door as they both sat down.

"Your father's condition was very severe which made it very difficult to perform the surgery" he then paused for a few seconds before saying the words she didn't want to hear.

"We did our best..."

The pain caused by the needle through the skin on her neck rushed through her whole body

The pain caused by the needle through the skin on her neck rushed through her whole body. She tightly shut her eyes trying to endure the awful pain. The vibration caused by the machine suddenly stopped, making Nabi breathe out.

"It's done" the manly tattoo artist behind her uttered. The girl turned around facing the man with tattoos all over his body. "May I see it?" she asked.

The handsome tattooist nodded in approval under his mask, barely making his face seeable. He stood up and went to get a mirror. "You like it?'' The mirror he held in his hand reflected into the mirror in front of the girl, making the tattoo visible.

"I love it" the girl smiled slightly, releasing a tear. She scanned the beautiful butterfly tattoo on her neck. She made it in memory of her dad who was a lepidopterist.

He loved butterflies. They brought him so much joy. There was this quote he always told Nabi to always remember:

"We are like butterflies. Each one is different. Each one is special. Each one is beautiful. And so are you."

Each memory hit her like a slap in the face. Her eyes began to burn as tears began to fill up her eyes. The next thing she knew, she was in her car, crying harder than ever in her life.

The only person who understood her and was there by her side was gone, forever. She didn't want to believe one bit of it.

Her head began spinning, she leaned her head against the steering wheel and sat there taking a moment to calm herself down. Nabi wiped her tears, turned her car on, and drove off towards her house.

The flashing city lights reflected off of her wet cheeks, making them glisten. Cold night breeze crept its way through the half opened window, causing goosebumps across her whole body but at the same time, it felt soothing. Her mind was elsewhere. The grief and emotions she felt were indescribable.

A car ride which was about 15 minutes long felt like forever. After parking her car by the house she made her way inside, gently opening the front door and stepping inside.

The tv could be heard from the living room almost on the loudest volume. A small figure could be seen sitting on the couch, chugging down a bottle of alcohol like it was water.

Nabi sighed and placed her bag down on the floor, the loud thud getting her mother's attention. They locked eyes for a few seconds as the woman stood up and slowly walked towards her daughter, barely being able to keep her balance.

Nabi watched her mother with disappointment written all across her face. She quickly walked past her, hoping that her mother wouldn't bother her.

"Where do you think you're going?" the woman mumbled under her chin, her breath reeking of alcohol. She ignored her mother's question and continued to calmly walk towards her room.

"Cho Nabi, do not ignore me when I ask you something!" she yelled out, her tone getting more and more aggressive.

"Don't fucking talk to me." The daughter spoke out sharply, causing her mother to let out a loud scoff.

"Who do you think you are young lady? I'm the adult in this house! You'll listen to me and my rules while you live under MY roof.'' Nabi glared at her mother as her lips curled up into a small smirk.

As she continued going towards her room the woman grabbed her wrist tightly while holding the whiskey bottle in her other and dragged her down the few stairs. A few seconds later, a burning sensation spread across Nabi's cheek. The girl turned her face back so she faced her mother while holding her sore cheek.

"I'm done with you" Nabi aggressively took a hold of her bag as she almost ran out of her house.

"Nabi I'm sorry" was the last thing she heard from her mother before she shut the door with a loud thud. She found her way to her car as she started the engine.

The girl had no idea where she was heading but she knew she needed to get away from her mother. She was driving a dark path, the only source of light was the moon and the streetlights.

After some driving in a random direction, she found her way to a big parking lot. it was completely empty and deserted. The girl decided to stay there over the night. She took a deep breath in. The icy air fills her lungs, feeling like small needles piercing her insides.

She turned off the engine as she found a decent place to stay over the night. As she turned it off her surroundings became dark, the moonlight lighting up the dark night sky.

The girl shut her eyes trying to get some sleep. As soon as she shut her eyes her thoughts started to reflect over what she had done.

The girl pushed away the bad thoughts as she drifted to dreamland.