episode 3 [part one]

back to hell lol 😽👌🏻

mainly a kyo pov this chapter but the next one will be sae-byeok's pov.

Kyo Ji-Yun was reluctant to part with Sae-Byeok that night, even though they'd see each other back at the game. Her heart beat faster after she had called the game again, and she waited outside of her apartment building in the rain.

She made sure she had the cloth under her jacket that would block out the gas that put the passengers to sleep. Her hand found the switchblade Sae-Byeok had given her in her pocket. It was cool to the touch as she tucked it into her sleeve.

She checked her watch. It was midnight.

And sure enough, bright headlights flashed in her direction, the exact same as last time. The door of the mini-van slid open, and Sae-Byeok wasn't in this one. Kyo frowned before entering the car, and before the smoke engulfed her, she brought the cloth over her face and faked being asleep.

She could only hope that she was okay.

They traveled on land for a couple of hours, picking up more and more in debt people until they were on a long stretch of road. Then, they stopped, and it seemed like they were on a large ferry by what little Kyo could see. There were dozens of identical mini-vans on the ferry.

An intercom announcement came on, and Kyo barely heard it, but it probably had something to do with the mini-van's door sliding open. The driver got out and began to scan something, but Kyo felt the back of her ear being gently pushed forward and scanned, and then the mini van shook slightly.

They were on the move again and Kyo suddenly felt herself being scooped up and placed on a stretcher. She didn't dare open her eyes even as she felt herself get pat down, presumably to put her in one of those cyan tracksuits. As Kyo was lifted up in order to remove her jacket, she let the switchblade fall into one of the guards' pockets.