Chapter 1.

I ran, as fast as I could. Even if my legs burned and stung, I still ran. I had to, the monster was chasing after me. His dark pitiless sockets looked at me with anticipation, with hunger.

As if I was a reward for his foul play. I could potentially stop him with a pallet, but they had been all but broken pieces now, since they had been used up by the other survivors.

I was helpless, but I still ran. my lungs tightened up and it became rather hard for me to continue, and my chest stung while it tightened with each breath I took.

It seemed hopeless, I was going to be swallowed whole by the inevitable darkness that had taken myself, and others alike. I kept on running until I felt a sharp, unbearable pain shoot through my left leg, I looked down horrified, the monsters trap had sunken into my leg and torn it up completely, I clenched my teeth and pulled at the trap attempting to free myself. Blood covered my hands as I pulled the trap slowly, trying to pull it off, it was unbearable, I clenched my eyes shut and pulled down as hard as I could setting the trap back to its normalcy, sliding the desecrated leg out of the trap. I stood up slowly, limping in agony, seeing the flashing lights of hope.

I sucked in slowly, hoping to get to the exit before I would be sacrificed. I was loosing a substantial amount of blood, if I wasn't quick enough it'd surely bleed out, even if I had to crawl to that damn exit gate I was determined to escape. Then I saw him, his cruel mask made of bone, his rubber coveralls infected with metal, he was infront of the exit somehow, I wept bitterly, he was just behind me a minute ago? How could he had moved there so fast? This life isn't fair, I was set in a game of endless cat and mouse. He was coming for me, with his cruel weapon, and SLASH-

I shot up from the poorly arranged mat that had been left for us survivors, some looked at me with concern but others either were asleep as well or had just dismissed it. I adjusted myself on my mat in our dingy log cabin and sighed. Tomorrow we would have to do the same thing we always do. Survive. I groaned quietly and looked up at the dusty ceiling, I wanted more than just this life. And others did too, but there is nothing we can do.