episode 4 [part one]

im gonna make a playlist for this book.

another kyo part first before we get back to the squid game's biggest simp.

"Attention, players. I will now announce the results of the second game." The announcement announced to the players as the display screen began to change and the lights turned off. The large piggy bank that already had a large amount of money in it descended slightly. "Out of the 187 that participated, 79 were eliminated."

With one of her hands in Sae-Byeok's as she stood up from the bed, Kyo glanced up as absurd amounts of money were added into the piggy bank. She turned to Sae-Byeok, who's eyes usually would have lit up at the sight of the cash but appeared drowsy.

"The prize money accumulated this round is 7.9 billion won." The lights turned back on the piggy back ascended upwards. "The total prize money accumulated so far is now 34.8 billion won."

Soon, the two girls had sunk into a relaxed state, patiently waiting for either a game announcement or meal time. Sae-Byeok had fallen asleep on Kyo's lap while the Japanese girl had made conversation with a wonderful man named Ali Abdul. 

"You were going to walk all the way to Ansan? No way!" Kyo whisper-yelled in awe at the man's adorableness. He nodded. "You're incredibly sweet."

"Thank you!" He smiled excitedly.

"Attention, your mealtime begins now," an announcement came on and Ali gave Kyo a wave before running back to his group to get their meals. Kyo smiled, gently patting Sae-Byeok's back to get her to wake up. When that didn't work, she blew into her ear and she earned a wonderful punch to the gut. "All players, please form a line at the center of the room."

Lunch was, in a way, short. Kyo got the same as everyone else's and she didn't mind in the slightest. The pair walked back to one of the stairs, sitting down and taking sips out of their soda bottles, occasionally biting into their hard boiled eggs.

A group of people hadn't gotten any food since 101 and his group went back for seconds. They got snitched on, which Kyo found hilarious, causing Sae-Byeok to call her face stupid as she laughed, and player 271 had tried taking his rightful meal, only shattering it in the process.

101 punched the shit out of him, eventually kicking him to the ground. Kyo got up to help defend 271, but Sae-Byeok grabbed her hand, tugging her back down, "I can help him."

"If you do, then you'll only take his place," Sae-Byeok whispered, looking up at her with pleading eyes. "There's only one of you and five of them. I can't--" she paused. "I won't lose you." It was enough to get Kyo to sit back down, and they watched Sang-Woo check the still 271's pulse.