6 - Weird

Thalia's POV

I immediately run to a bathroom after the girl pointed where it is. Chase had no time preventing me out of his grasp. As I reached the room, I locked the door and run the water, washing my hands, taking off the blood. I remember how my claws extended that I have to gulp a few times to prevent myself from throwing up.

No matter how cold blooded I get, the moment after, I seem to coward at the thought of death and all. I heave a sigh. Aiyu... I wish you were here. I wish you could hide me from all of this. I wish you didn't... I sharply inhaled at the foreign feeling. I'm never someone who grieves, I never cry but... I wish I do. But these are wishful thinking. He will never return. I don't understand how they manage to... kill him. Even if he was trying to save the girl, he won't die like that.

I sighed. I reached for the hand wash and made every effort to remove any trace of my previous almost havoc. Remove every trace... Remove everything.. I turned off the faucet after I managed to get as decent as I can be.

While drying my hands, I came to notice of the presence from the worried Alpha behind the door. I was trying to block his presence but the sudden silence annoyingly brought it back. The door was closed but it was as if it's not there, instead it stands only as a blockage of sight. He lost control back there, the sight of it reminds me of myself, a piece of what I could become. For once, I think I was afraid that he will be the same as me, raging out of nowhere, killing without enough reason.

I sighed again grabbing a towel. He was not startled as I open the door. It was as if he expected it, as if he knows.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Hey." He awkwardly answered. Well, I threatened him the last time we talked.

"You have a shirt." I commented after noticing that he no longer was half naked since those guys seemingly forgot to lend him one.

"Yeah, someone brought me a shirt." His lips moved undecided whether to smile or not. His change of tone from before I left makes me wonder what happened to him. Is that still my concern?

"You wanna use the bathroom?" I said motioning my head to the door. "You could wash those blood off." I pinpointed the stray smell of blood from him, not to mention the dirt on his face.

"I don't want to leave you on your own." My brows rose up as his uncharacteristic words were new and weird.

"Jack is here." I had his scent when I came out of the door and I could practically see the trail of his scent. My senses are heightened again, I need to calm down.

"and the girl." I added because as I remember this Alpha is damn possessive.

"I'll call them." He stated and so we waited. I'm too lazy to argue and too intoxicated of his scent. Avocado and mocha. If only he knew I have been trying to get away from those two things ever since that day. He did not realize that I was 3 feet away from him. I had contemplated that within this distance, I could possibly open my eyes for a longer time. Of course, I did not forget his effect on me. After all, we are still mates.

Not a second more and I sensed movement down the hall. Jack's scent and the girl. Wait, are they mates? Both of them were inside the house when I walked in, she seemed to be concerned on him. Interesting.

I tossed Chase the towel before a small thank you. Whether I like it or not, he is the reason why I haven't lost control yet. There was no reply and I don't care, yet I felt his gaze on me. It's weird. He is.

"Are you okay?" the sweet shy voice of the girl trailed behind me.

"Yeah." I answered nonchalantly noticing how Jack placed himself between us just 2 steps behind. Oh, right. I tried to kill him. I was going to and... I stopped on my tracks. Looking over my shoulder, to Jack, I said, "Sorry for my tantrum." Before starting my pace again. Neither of them move, was it because that was unforgivable? But Aiyu said that even so, I must apologize. Baby steps but necessary.

"You don't have to apologize. I understand." His words struck me and I have to look at him to believe. His tone was serious. He is a serious person but understanding that I tried to kill him? A joke. Still, his expression does not lie. And when you expect it the least, he smiled.

"What? Haven't you seen anyone smile?" He walked past me grabbing the girl with him.

"Jack. Do they know you smile?" I followed them.

"Huh?" The girl peeked over his arms. She probably hasn't seen him before, yelling for disrespecting his Alpha.

"He doesn't." I mouthed and she giggled. Did I saw another smile? Mates do have strange effects, don't they? If only that's the case for all of us. It's not exactly envy but my long contemplation of what ifs. All those months after leaving, of course I tried to keep sane, to reason.

I know that mates are supposed to complete each other. A gift from the Moon. But how could you complete something, someone who is not supposed to be completed? I lack my human side. A wolf who can hide in a human form, isn't it strange? Aiyu told me that my case is one of a kind. He even asked me if it's the other way around, but I really am the wolf spirit.

When I was born, they said that I wasn't breathing and they called me multiple times until I managed to open my eyes which was glowing red at the time. They never heard me cry, mum said. But maybe it did not matter since I am alive. Well, it would've mattered if they had known what I am.

There was a vague memory. Some voices. Light. I was sleeping on a dark place until it became loud. There was a pair of brown eyes. Staring at me. A hand, a warm hand touched me and whatever it is, it enveloped me, like an embrace. Then, those eyes... started fading and all I ever know is to chase it, that I have to do something. I have to reach. That might be how I survived, my human wanted me to, so our parents won't be heartbroken. But then, she left me. We were not meant to live. I was meant to stay with her. We were supposed to guide each other, to be the best of friends, but she left me the moment I saw her.

"It's okay." The warm breath towards my cheek startled me. Moreover, the comforting and warm body, the arms encasing me from my back.

"It'll be okay." I breathed in his scent, believing, because he is one of those who is real to me. My mate.

"I need to talk to Alpha Gael. I don't want to put you in the conversation but I don't want you off my sight." He whispered. "Will you come with me?" He was definitely facing me. Although I am looking ahead, one wrong move and his lips would brush on my cheek or somewhere else. I sighed. What happened to him?

"I will." I answered and he inhaled my scent before standing straight, putting his hand over my waist. Uhmm... Is he okay?

_____________________

Did Chase change that much? Or they both did?