birthday

"Not now y/n...",

Spoke Ayaka, in a busy-absent-minded tone. 

She was quite preoccupied with the vast, towering piles of paperwork on the worktop. It had seemed that her brother left the work completed to Ayaka, so he could mess around with Thoma assumingly. That was one way to keep Thoma busy. It left you quite disappointed due to barely being able to spend time with him. You sat there in silence for a while, in an attempt to not bother the focused companion. 

"Hey hey, Ayayaaaa.", you whined, slumping your upper half onto the table. 

"What affairs are happening today?", looking at her in awe.

Ayaka paused her working hand for a second and looked at you with her head tilted. "According to the agenda for today, finishing the paperwork is a top priority. The side tasks are checking up on the commissions and preparing for the festival."

Mentally letting out a sigh, "Good luck with those then!", you stood up, additionally patting her head as you waved her goodbye on your way out. 

Some time has passed after aimlessly strolling around Inazuma city. You kicked the small pebble along the road in an attempt to entertain yourself. Wondering about how unpleasantly the day started, you turned upon a familiar corner. Peeking your head out of the corner of the small, wooden shop you spotted Yoimiya and her father. It looked like a pretty serious conversation from the angle. Soon enough, her father sighed and walked away, leaving the girl in frustration. You walked up to Yoimiya and gave a cheerful greeting.

"Good evening, Yoimiya! How has your morning been?", smiling at the surprised blonde girl.

"You always come at the right times don't you?" she stated in a sarcastic tease.

You let out a small giggle, Gave her a little wink, and joked back, "Of course! Only for you!"

She sighed as she told you about the conversation she had a few minutes ago and oh boy, did she have a lot on her plate. There was preparing multiple fireworks, testing them, and retrieving the material but it seems that there was a problem with that part. Some firework powder packages have been lost on their way from being delivered and it would be a slight danger to let the fine particles roam freely. She begged you to help her look for them and needlessly accepted the task. 

After tracking down the lost material, the blonde girl thanked you as she parted ways with you to finish her other crafts. Your (type) figure stood there waving leisurely with her back now faced to you. 

It is almost noon and Thoma was still not in sight. Hoping that Ayato was not making him do weird things was the thought that came up in your mind as you laid eyes upon the electro archon's shrine. You lightly smiled to yourself as you walked up to the mini building with candy in the palm. Setting the candy down, you prayed:

"O' Shrine, please let this day be delightful.", you slowly open your eyes as you gave the shrine one last glance before heading off to the Komore Teahouse.

You were now in one of the rooms while brewing yourself a pot of tea. Thoma was out so the only option was to make the tea yourself right? The flavor picked was the famous osmanthus flowers from Liyue, which had a certain smell that reminded you of a certain someone...

Hours have passed since your arrival at the teahouse. All of the guests have left by now, leaving you alone with your sorrow. The held-back loneliness has now slowly crept into your thoughts. Small tears began to fall out of the corner of your eye as the gloomy thoughts started to flow in. 

It's okay.
They were too busy. Important duties come first, right?
Maybe next time we can all celebrate together.

You lowered your head to rest them on your arms and you silently cried, until a small knock was heard at the door. In shock, you swiftly raised your head as a tall figure invited himself into the room. 

"Are you in here y/n?-", he looked around as he spotted you with your head facing the wall.

"Y-yeah, I'm here. What's up?", Thoma look at you in confusion as your tone was different from usual.

From the corner of your eye, Thoma set a small cake beside you on the table. He attempted to face you as he had to tell you something but you looked away from him. Leaving him in twice the amount of confusion.

"Hey, y/n... Look at me for a second please?", he begged although you firmly denied it. 

A pair of slender, soft fingers went to your cheeks as he gently turned your vision of focus to him. Your eyes were slightly puffy and red surrounded the outer lids. Thoma pulled you into a hug while he placed a hand to stroke your hair. You sat there in silence, melting into his arms.

"I'm sorry that I'm late but Happy Birthday, my dearest friend. Today must've been tough for you." his voice was soothing and calm, It felt that all your worries were gone whenever he comforted you. You nuzzled your face into his neck as he continued to stroke your head in long, tender motions. 

A few moments went by and you pulled away from Thoma. He looked at you with a smile as he suggested eating the cake. You gladly agreed as he prepped a slice of cake for one. 

"Say ahh.", Thoma offered to feed you, how endearing could he get? You were in no position to deny him when offers like this come from him. The both of you enjoyed the cake as midnight was about to strike. 

Dear archon,

Thank you for making my wish come true...