The Mare and Stallion

A fine day for a jolly festivity. The ginger haired prince, Kyo, walked through the halls with his servants by his side. "Will the horse race occur smoothly?" Turning back to one of his servants, only for them to give a nervous nod. "Very well then. Can someone escort me to the stables?"

.

"I bet all the humans' money that I'm winning!" A midnight black stallion proudly said to the other horses in the stable. "Neigh!~ Now that the competitors last year have been sold, you do have a high chance on winning Slayer." Another horse said.

Slayer and his horse friend, Marble, were the fastest stallions in the stable. Naturally, them being the ones who gets placed in the high ranks every race, their pride just keeps getting bigger. "He won't win.." All the horses in the inn looked towards a timid mare by the last stable. The lady horse had a beautiful caramel colored covering. Although she was pretty, it wouldn't win a race. "You can't even get into the top 5, Cookie~" Slayer flicked his hair, showing pure dominance towards the mare.

"Your name is even ridiculous!' The rest of the horses laughed along with him. "Who was your owner again? The princess? That weakling princess? She doesn't even compare to mine, Prince Kyo."

"We trained a lot these past few months.." The mare lowered his head in an attempt of defense. "And is that supposed to do anything? Every horse here trained as well." Now Marble started to walk towards Cookie. "We all know that mares cannot stand a chance in racing." Most of the mares in the stable were either sold, or being groomed by other princesses. "Why are you here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be in a fancy stable with your weakling princess?"

"She is not a weakling! Just because we're girls, it doesn't mean we're weak!" Cookie snapped at them. She did not like her beloved owner being called of such things.

"We will win."

.

"Everybody! Place your bets here! Grab some snacks and enjoy the show!" The man stated loudly for his voice would be heard by others. " Mister? When will the show start?" A little lass approached the man tugging by his shirt. "In a few minutes little one!"

.

The riders and horses stepped out of the stables, walking towards the starting line. "Did anyone see my sister?" Prince Kyo looked around searching for his sister. "Sire! Princess Tohru is still on the way here." Another player informed him. "I'm here! Sorry I took so long." A brown haired girl walked out from the stable with a beautiful mare beside her. "I had trouble putting the saddle.." The princess chuckled whilst rubbing the back of her neck.

"Looks like you were able to make it Cookie" The black stallion, Slayer, teased the mare a bit. "Oh I can't wait to see your face once I cross the finish line!"

"Sadly for you, I will be the one crossing it first." Cookie proudly said. "Cocky aren't we?" The black stallion said before preparing for the race.

"RIders! Get ready!" The riders placed themselves on their respective horses.

"On your marks.."

The princess gripped tightly on the rope attached to her horse.

"Get set.." Cookie slowly did a stance.

"Go!"

All the horses dashed from the starting line. Not even a minute had passed, Slayer and Marble have already reached half of the field. "Let's show them what we got, Cookie!" Tohru shouted to her horse before passing the other horses.

"What's this? It seems like the princess and her horse are getting the attention this time!" Kyo looked back to see what the commotion was all about, looking back to see his sister just by their tails. "Hya! More speed Slayer!" Slayer gave a proud roar before speeding in attempts to create some distance.

"There seems to be a curve ahead, at this speed, will they be able to get through it successfully?" The other riders spotted the said curve, they slowed down to avoid any injuries, Kyo and his stallion did the same. Not the princess and the mare though. "This is what we have been waiting for, Cookie! Show them what you can do!"

Cookie galloped much faster, now getting to the first place. "Tohru! Slow down!" The prince tried to call out for his sister but it did nothing. 'Those idiots' The black stallion was furious. Though, remembering the approaching curve, he grinned a bit.

All eyes were on the female duo. cookie twisted, making the princess fly off. "Tohru!" Although, what he thought was for his sister to fall off, she was still holding the rope. The mare twisted and turned, easily dodging the obstacles, whilst the princess gripped easily on her horse. They dashed out of the obstacle area, now having a free path towards the finish line.

Not that far from them was the prince and his stallion. Having to surprise himself from his sister's stunt, he shook his head and continued the race. "We gotta catch up, Slayer!" Demanded the prince to the stallion. A 'Neigh' was all Slayer could say before speeding towards them.

"It seems like the royal siblings are head to head! Who will win this intense race this time?! Will it be the all time champion, Prince Kyo and Slayer? Or the new stars of the show, Princess Tohru and Cookie?!"

"Faster girl!" The princess told the mare, looking back at the male duo. The stallion gaining the lead for a second and back to the mare. The surrounding suddenly felt slow to Cookie, she grasped the situation as a chance to dash towards the finish line.

"The winners are Princess Tohru and Cookie!"

.

The prince walked towards his sister who was sitting on the floor, exhausted. "Congrats Tohru." He smiled sitting next to her. "Thank you! You and Slayer did well as well!"

"I can't believe you won. You must have done a cheap trick did you! The magical horseshoes perhaps?" The black snickered to the mare. "No I didn't. I won fair and square." Cookie walked away from Slayer, but not before turning back to one thing.

"Not all girls are weak."