32| 𝑾𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝑼𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝑨 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓

May, 2030
2 years since

Kaitlyn's POV

It was the year 2030 now. 2 years since the Gemini merge chaos. 2 years since Stefan came back. 2 years since Nik disappeared. Everyone went back to their own lives now. Everyone's happy. Content with life. Everything's peaceful.

Ryan and Madeline graduated last year and are currently attending NYU, since they wanted 'a normal college experience' for themselves. It's a good thing they chose NYU since now, Damon and Elena often invite them over for the weekends to hang out. Needless to say, Stefanie is ecstatic about her cousin visiting so often. Caroline and Stefan renewed their wedding vows and got an apartment next door to Damon and Elena but they're travelling the world, for the most part. Of course, Bonnie and Enzo join Caroline and Stefan on their adventures too.

Rebekah and Marcel travel back and forth from Paris to Mystic Falls or New Orleans. They've been keeping to themselves, for the most part, trying to build a family-life of their own. Kol and Davina are still in Mystic Falls with us but they've been in contact with an orphanage/foster care, trying for a kid. There was a lot of disagreement of whether they should adopt a newborn or a toddler. Right now, they're just visiting often to see where their preferences lie. Meanwhile, Freya met someone at school too. Miss Keelin, our receptionist/ werewolf lecturer. They got together right after the school's renovation was completed and have been together ever since. If you ask me, I hear wedding bells soon.

Elijah too visits often but he's been distant ever since Hayley. He does visit her often and stops by in Mystic Falls to see us then but for the most part, he's travelling all over the world, chasing leads on Nik. Classic Elijah, if you ask me. He just doesn't know when to let go, not when it comes to family, especially Nik.

The twins are continuing school at the Salvatore Boarding School. They took an year off after the entire merge chaos so they'll be graduating in two years too. It took them some time to get back to normal but they're doing great now. Josie and Penelope are good together. Lizzie met this ancient ripper vampire called Sebastian. Of course, at first we didn't approve but now, we are warming up to the guy. Like I once said, 'some girls just like the bad boys', and Lizzie is definitely one of those girls.

The school has been busier than ever and so has Alaric, with overlooking the school and distracting himself from memories of Jo. Ever since having to say goodbye to Jo, he has been a little shaken up but as time goes on, he's healing all over again. I hope he finds someone soon, so he can find happiness again.

Hope has had a tough time coping, out of them all. From moving to a new town, finding new friends and family to losing the woman she has considered her mother for 17 years, to finding out who her real mother was and then her father leaving without a notice, no goodbye to her- she has been going through a lot of changes in her life. Lately, I've noticed her and Landon going through a rough patch and I'm mentally preparing myself for my daughter's first heartbreak, just in case.

Other than that, Oreo is more loved and spoiled than ever and has become a prominent member of the family. That sums up more or less everything from the past two years. As for me, I've been coping in a similar manner as Alaric- busying myself in being mother to four kids, Headmistress to countless others, best friend to so many and a cat mom too. The days are so busy and eventful that I barely have any time to think of anything...or anyone else. But the nights...the nights are haunting. They're lonely and full of 'what ifs' that keep me up. I wonder where he is, what he is doing, why he left, when he might come back, if he even will. I wonder if he misses us, his family, his daughter...me? I wonder if he too stays up at night, wondering about us, like I do. I picked up on the same coping mechanism I had the last time he left, writing letters to him about my life but never really posting them. Of course, I hear from Elijah about where is the world he is now and how he was systematically on a killing spree. But somehow, whenever me or Elijah chase a lead and get close to him, he vanishes into thin air, as if he was never there in the first place. How can it be so easy for him to just avoid us when we haven't given up on him? What could possibly be the cause of him pushing his entire family away like that?