For A Dozen Coffee Jellies?

Staring up at the ceiling wasn't exactly a fun Saturday activity, but it was better than anything else Saiki could think of.

An hour had passed, and nothing seemed more appealing than doing absolutely nothing.

The neighbors' thoughts didn't annoy him too much, until he heard an all too familiar fog of words approach, quietly at first and growing in volume and volume as it got closer.

Saiki heard the doorbell ring.

Maybe if I ignore him, he'll go away.

Saiki heard someone knocking.

He's too persistent.

Saiki heard his mother call him from downstairs.

I need to answer the door.

Saiki walked downstairs, flashing his mom a quick glance, hoping she wouldn't bite his head off if he looked too long.

He sighed and opened the door.

"Hello, Kusuo-kun! Once again, I have stopped by without warning, and I apologize, although I doubt you'd let me come over otherwise, seeing how you tend to favor solitude over company."

Yet you still visit.

"Ringing the doorbell was my first option, since I like to believe that it's somewhat more polite than knocking. See, the doorbell is a quiet chime, or even a soft buzz; sometimes it's a sweet little tune that's actually pleasant to listen to. Yours is more of a trademark 'ding-dong' sound. Hehe, that sounds rather silly when you say it out loud, doesn't it? Ding-dong? Anyway, a knock seems more frightening and foreign, what with it being a loud banging noise, so I saved it only for when my first plan didn't work. I tend to favor the quiet, so loud noises do cause me mild discomfort."

You cause me mild discomfort. And you're loud.

"It's more of a petty annoyance than anything, but knocking does startle me from time to time. Perhaps it's me, who's easily frightened. I've always been a bit of a, how do you say, scaredy-cat in nature, since I was very young. Yet another silly phrase, huh? While cats do tend to jump up in fear, I still find it amusing to compare myself to a cat. I am a human being, and I think it's rather ridiculous to compare myself to another animal. Don't you think so?"

'What do you want?'

"I would like to come inside, if you'd let me."

It was then that Saiki noticed the bag Akechi held in his hands.

"Ah ah ah! No peeking!" he said, pulling the bag behind his back. "I would like the contents of my bag to remain confidential, at least for the time being. I know that you're quite curious, Kusuo-kun, the same as you were as a child. Why, I remember you asking me questions about the small insects I'd examine during recess, even though you'd stand several meters away, and were quite frightened of them, and judging by the look on your face, still are. I recall reassuring you that they weren't venomous or dangerous in the slightest, and you'd still sit on the swings for the remainder of the allotted time. I found it humorous then, and still do now. Ah, but I'm getting off track. Anyway, now that it has been confirmed to me that you do indeed possess supernatural abilities, including X-Ray vision, I'd like if you'd refrain from attempting to see what's in my bag. I even surrounded it with with books in hopes that it'd create another barrier, that way I'd have time to remove it from your line of sight."

'You won't have to worry about that, since I never said you could come inside.'

"So, can I?"

...