Chapter 1

(During the new year celebration, six members of the Sons of Garmadon infiltrate Borg Tower and try to steal the Oni Mask of Vengeance. They accidentally activated the alarms and Lloyd faced them.)

Lloyd: Nice masks. Hyah. You could almost pass as ninja. (The leader insists the others to distract him while he gets the zipline. Lloyd chases them down a zipline but the leader cuts the rope to escape, leaving his teammate behind.)

Luke: (Screams.) Ahhh! (Lloyd catches him and turns him in to the police.)

Luke: Aw, man. (Lloyd continues to pursue the others.)

Lloyd: P.I.X.A.L., I need my car.

P.I.X.A.L.: Your coordinates, Master Lloyd?

Lloyd: Somewhere over... You know how to find me. (P.I.X.A.L. catches him in his car.) Ha ha. I could kiss you, Pix.

P.I.X.A.L.: I don't think Zane would approve.

(Lloyd chases down the leader.)

Lloyd: Who am I chasing?

P.I.X.A.L.: He or she is not in our database.

Lloyd: Whoever they are, they're good. I need backup. (Another motorcycle with sage and purple colors pulls up.)

Morro: I'm right on your tail. What happened?

Lloyd: I'll catch you up later, we need to stop that guy and get that mask back. Pixel, where're the others?

P.I.X.A.L.: All of the others are on active missions throughout Ninjago. You are on your own.

(Morro makes the motorcycle he's on ghost-like and tries to block the way so whoever that guy is can't escape but is just too late. The leader, still in possession of the Mask, escapes with a parachute with the Sons of Garmadon logo on it. Lloyd looks as Morro looks beside him.)

Pixel: Master Lloyd, are you all right? Are you there?

Lloyd: Yeah, I'm here. It's time to get the team back.

(Villagers are forced to collect water from a pond.)

Samurai #1: Uhh. The sun is blistering. Faster!

Samurai #2: You heard your master. Work! (Snaps his whip.) (A villager stops walking.)

Samurai #1: Heh. You there, peasant. Bring me water. You hear me? Bring me some water!

Nya: Thirsty?

Samurai #3: (Gasps.) It's—

Samurai #2: The Master of Water, Nya!

Samurai #1: I don't care. Get her!

Nya: (She attacks them.) Still thirsty? (The villagers cheer once all the samurai are stuck in the pond. Nya runs off.)

(Jay and Cole enter a monastery.)

Jay: Cole, you're my friend, but right now you're my worst enemy. You have no idea how time travel works.

Cole: If someone goes back in time and alters the past, our reality as we know it would change. We could look totally different and not even know it. (Takes off his mask revealing his new appearance)

Jay: But we don't.(Takes his mask off as well showing his new appearance) Thus, Master Wu must have slipped into a time stream into the future.

Cole: Whenever he is, it's been a year. It's time we find him. (He goes up to a monk.) Uh, hi. Sorry to bother you. Cole, Master of Earth. Uh, this is Jay, Master of Blabber. (Jay poses.)