-𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝-

Y/N POV

i decided to walk around the harbor instead of risking it again without Alatus around to save my sorry ass.

"so he is still alive huh..." i muttered to myself. "i would have expected that he perished along with the others."

i looked at the window of a nearby shop. i saw my own face as a reflection. 

after looking around i made sure no one was there, i slowly moved my hair out of my right eye and removed the eyepatch. 

where and eyeball should have been, a small orb of pitch blackness resided. it was all the karma i had collected in my lifespan. after taking a closer look, i noticed in the corner of my infected eye, a small crack branched off from it. 

if i gained too much karma, it would overload my mind and i would shatter like all the others. i was already nearing my limit.

i moved my eyepatch and hair back in place and proceeded to walk further down the harbor. 

a sudden though crossed my mind. "didnt that guy, XiaLuo mention i was somewhat worshipped here in Liyue? i should go look for a book or something." i saw a few kids running around on the dock. i approached them. " excuse me, do you happen to know where the bookstore is?" one of the kids nodded and grabbed onto my skirt. " I'll take you there! my mom owns the place!"

the kid dragged me over to the raised walkways and we stopped at a small balconey. 

"Hey mom!" the kid yelled and ran over to the lady behind the counter. 

" hello. and who is this?" 

" this lady was looking for the bookstore so i took her here!" 

the lady smiled gently at her kid. 

"wonderful, why dont you go buy yourself some xiao mantou"  she said and handed the kid a small bag of mora

"okay!"

she turned to me. " how can i help you?" 

"im looking for a book on Lady Maeyako."

her face lit up. " ah i see- new to her exellancy. Books are selling out fast! I'll give you a good deal on this one. instead of 2000 mora i'll lower it down to about 600 mora."

"sounds reasonable." 

she handed me a thick book wrapped in silk. i passed her 700 mora. "keep the change." i said and walked off. 

"May the Geo Archon and Lady Maeyako watch over you!" she called out to me.

shaking my head. " its getting dark. its best i head back." 

"Y/N!" someone patted my back from behind.

Turning around to face them, i was greeted with a face of a little fire ball. 

"Sama'ur, good evening." 

Sama'ur nodded. " same to you. We're going to be heading off to Wangshuu Inn. XiaoLuo already reserved rooms for us there."

i looked up at the tall man standing behind Sama'ur and the others.

"Alright. lets go then." i said

i ended up with a room all to myself. 

i threw myself onto the bed and looked up at the ceiling. 

"quite an eventful couple of days.. huh" i said to no one in particular.

"well depends on what happened." someone said

i snapped my neck (ow) over to the balconey where a familiar figure stood. 

"alatus? what are you doing here?" i asked and sat up.

" i go by a new name now, and i should be the one asking you that question. what are you doing here."

"im here because im going to be residing here for the time being."

"well i guess we'll be stuck with each other for a while then." he said and sat on the railing,

" what do you mean by that?" 

"well i as well live here at Wangshuu Inn. so im going to be assuming this isn't the last time we'll be seeing each other.

i walked over to him and leaned on the railing as i looked out of Dihua marsh.

"hey Alatus-"

"Xiao."

"hey xiao, can i ask you a favor?"

"tell me it then i'll see what i can do."

"can you visit me every night? i would like someone to talk to."

he slowly nodded. " seems doable. but you better have payment."

"mora?"

"no.." he muttered and blushed

"what is it you want me to pay you with?"

"Almondtofu." he muttered.

without second though, i chuckled and bit and patted his arm. " alright. its a deal."

Sama'ur POV

i looked out over my balconey and glanced towards the balconey Y/N was staying at.

it was completley surprising to see Y/N was standing out there, talking to someone.

"who is that." 

then it clicked in my head.

"no way"

Sorry i didn't post for a couple days. i was bingeing Squid Game. i mean are you gonna tell me its not a great show? huh?

lol Mihoyo is either saving itself or giving us our rewards. either- its noice

i feel bad and happy at the same time.

-sayuki chiku さゆきちく