Prolouge

Mounts bay. It's such a nice place. However, the forest at the edge of Mounts bay are well known for being haunted. They say there are souls lingering around and preying upon who ever dares to enter that place.

Also, some whisper about the bodies buried in shallow graves waiting for the wolves to catch the scent and tear them up to eat. It does appeal to be haunted.

"There are so many monsters in this world and all of them are humans."

True words. I should know... I am one. And, sometimes in every one of us, those monsters and ghosts take over. They win. In my case, well, it's a constant battle. There's this dark part of me that I'm so desperately trying to escape. I wasn't always like this. No. But, circumstances changed me. I have a pure black bleeding heart. And, I don't know what I should do with it.

I look at my bloody hands and the bodies surrounding me. The cold and fresh blood on my hands makes me feel sick. I try to wipe them uselessly down my jeans. A deafening sound erupted with cheers and claps. Everyone was watching me with sick fascination. Some with fear and others with respect and a bit something else which I don't wanna say out loud.

Thomas approached me and lifted my hand, announcing me the winner. The winner of the game. I'm officially part of Duodenary. Also known as the golden twleve. I can't believe I won. I just killed 50 members both men and boys. You might ask why I did that and how a 16 year girl can kill 50 grown men singlehandedly. Well.. Being raised at an orphan and especially in a town like mounts bay does things to you. Years of living in the fear of the guys surrounding me and food insecurities turned me into this. Doesn't matter now. I'm finally free.

I looked around once again and found the remaining members of the golden twelve. Each of them were powerful. Some were good people with some morale and others.. Well, let's just say I wouldn't wanna be associated with them. My eyes traveled the black ink etched over their cheeks. And, I'm not thrilled about getting those marks.

But, that's my mark now. My mark in the society as a member of Duodenary.

"Congratulations. You've won the game." The jackal speaks. And a shiver runs down my spine. His tone is so cold unlike the usual warmth he extends to me.

I nod my head and attempt a small smile. But, I'm sure it came as a grimace.

"What do you choose to be called?"

Everyone of the 12 have a special name. That's what they'd be called in the streets and what their gangs would use as a protection and warning. Thinking that I can have that too, I can make myself a queen of an empire and never feel scared again, the thought was good. Not the expense though. I am replacing the Hyena.

I take a deep breath. My eyes scanning the crowd and finally landing on the Jackal. I lift my chin up and stare into his lifeless eyes.

"I am the wolf."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Trigger warning :

Please be warned this story is for 18+. Read at your own risk. Some scenes include rape, cutting or suicide and violence. It contains mature theme and dark subjects and bullying. This story also contains sex scenes. Please read this story if you're okay with the above mentioned things. Also, this is a reverse harem story. So enjoy all the romances and cute wholesome scenes coming ahead.
~xoxo