🎃 SCARY MOVIE.

After you finish packing away your books in your locker, you close the door and yelp as you see a very familiar face.

"H-hello! Sorry to scare you," the voice says. You sigh as you recognise the gentle features of Junpei Yoshino, one of your close friends.

"Junpei! What are you doing, and how long have you been there?" You ask.

"Not long. Um, I wanted to know if you're free tomorrow," he replies.

You cock an eyebrow at him. "Why?" The next day was Saturday, one of the few days you got away from Gojo-sensei's crazy torture ideas. But it might be nice if you spent your free day with the person you may or may not have a small, teeny, tiny crush on.

"I wanted to invite you over to do something fun. Maybe watch a horror film or something," Junpei continues.

Your face relaxes. "Like...a date!?" You say hopefully.

"I mean, sure. If you want to. Like Metflix and Chill. But without the 'chill' bit. That would be weird. Like, soo weird. Um, I'm gonna stop talking," he says.

"I'd really love to do something like that!"

You give Junpei a sincere smile and his face turns a shy pink. "It's a date, then! Tomorrow, around seven-ish?"

"That'd work great!"

🎃

The next day at six thirty, you arrive at Junpei's house. You regret going early as it's raining. After opening your umbrella, you walk up to Junpei's door and ring the bell. Soon after, he opens it and beams. "You're early! Come in. By the way, my mum's asleep so don't make too much noise, okay?"

You nod and put your umbrella in the holder. "Soo...what are we doing first? Metflix...or chill?" You joke.

"Y-you're joking, right?" Junpei stammers. His face flushes and he fiddles with the hem of his shirt. You wrap an arm around Junpei's shoulder and poke him. "Of course! We wanna take things slow, right?" You quip. Junpei's worried expression worsens.

"Just kidding!" You exclaim, letting go of him. Junpei sighs and goes to fit a CD into the player. You sit in the sofa and stretch. "Ooh, what are we watching?" You ask nonchalantly.

"My favourite movie of all time. The Conjuring," Junpei replies, and switches on the TV. He turns off the light and sits down next to you before jolting up. "The snacks! Hold on, I'll be right back,"

"Do you need any help?" You ask.

"If you're up to it,"

After safely transporting the snacks to the living room, the movie continues.

🎃

Halfway through, you feel your eyelids getting heavier. 'Surely it wouldn't hurt to take a teeny weeny nap, would it...?' You think, resting your head on Junpei's shoulder. He shudders a bit and out of the corner of your eye, you can see him smile affectionately at you.

The two of you stay like that for the rest of the movie, until Junpei puts his head against yours and sighs. "If only I had the courage to say that... I love you," Junpei whispers.

Your eyes slowly open and you look up at him. "Really?" You utter. Junpei lifts his head off of yours and exclaims. "Agh! Did you- did you hear that!?" He asks worriedly.

You sit up and weave your fingers through his. "Yeah, I did. But it's good! Really good, because...I love you too," You don't realise it, but a massive smile is on your face.

Junpei's eyes widen and he looks away. His pale face turns a deep shade of red. "C-cool," he whispers.

🎃