Chapter 1

Dedicated to iPraiseHIM

Mitch's POV

I woke up and stretched my arms. Yawning, I stood up and walked to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. It was summer, and the first day of senior year at my new school was going to happen in a couple weeks. I scratched the back of my head and stretched again. Today, my mom is supposed to take me to the mall to go shopping or something.

As I walked down the hall, I passed my father. "Good *yawn* morning dad." I said as walked by. Even though he hates me, I still have to say hi, right? I mean he is my dad. "Hey dumb***." He said coldly, then headed to the kitchen.

That's odd... There's some red patches on the bottom of his shirt... Eh, it must be a ketchup stain or something. Wait, it's too bright to be ketchup! And I've never seen those stains before... I walked into the bathroom and flipped on the lights. As soon as I did, I was horrified at the scene before my eyes.

There, lying on the floor was the cold, lifeless body of my mother laying in a pool of her own blood. I gasped and almost screamed. "M-Mom?" I whispered, not wanting to believe what was happening. My vision began to go blurry as I ran over to where my precious mother once was.

"Mom... No..." Hot tears pour down my cheeks as I touch my mother's face. I gasped when I realized what had happened. My mother dead... The red stains on Dad's shirt... The seemingly never ending fights that I occurred between the two...

Trying to be as quiet as possible, I run to grab the house phone and quickly call the police. "Hello? My m-mom is dead on the ba-bathoom floor, a-and I think my f-father killed her..." I speak to the woman on the other end of the line, trying not to let more tears fall. I had told her where I lived and what I saw when my father burst in.

"MITCH! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" He yelled at me. "I-I-" "YOU WERE CALLING THE POLICE WEREN'T YOU!? YOU SON OF A *****! I NEVER LOVED YOU!" He kept yelling at me and the tears came down faster and faster. Then he started to inch towards me rather quickly. I was scared for my life and was sure that I was to soon be joining my mother.

He yanked the phone out of my hands and threw it across the room to then be smashes against a wall and broken into thousands of pieces. "D-Dad I-" He slapped me hard across the face as I shrieked in pain. "YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ****! YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER! THAT'S WHY I KILLED HER!" My fear was growing as he held up his hand again.

I was backed up into a corner and he hit me again, harder than the first time. There was nothing I could do to stop him. Then the police burst in and saved my life. "Sir, you are under arrest for the act of murder and child abuse." Then they took him away.

"AHHHH!" I woke up screaming and sweating in a burst of tears as I remembered the traumatizing events that occurred about three weeks ago.

My Aunt Patricia came rushing in. "Mitch! Mitch are you ok?!" She demanded. "I-I *pant* Dad *pant* ki-killed *pant* mom *pant* nightmare." I swallowed hard as the tears kept flowing.

Aunt Patricia pulled me into a hug. "Shh, sweetie. It's ok. He's in jail. He won't come back for you, I promise. You're safe." I calmed down a little bit and she kissed my forehead. I pulled away and looked at her. "Oh, shoot! Today is the first day of school, right!?" I suddenly remembered.

"Oh God! I'm gonna be late!" I frantically wiped away my tears and ran to my closet in search of some clothes. Aunt Patricia laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked. "This is not funny! It's my first day and I'm gonna make a bad first impression!" She just laughed more.

"Mitch?" She got out once she tamed her laughter. "Today's Sunday. Tomorrow is your first day." I let out a sigh of relief. "Phew! That was a close one..." I sat down on the bed again and sighed. "I wish mom was still here." I said aloud."I miss her so much..."

"Me too, I'll always miss my big sister. Hey, want some breakfast kiddo? I made pancakes." I smiled and nodded. "Sounds delicious." Aunt Patricia got up and motioned me to follow her. I got up and did as told, following her downstairs.

When I arrived in the kitchen, I saw the mound of pancakes on the table. I rushed over and admired the food before my eyes. "Thank you so much! I'm starving." Aunt Patricia chuckled. "No you're not, you're just hungry."
I shrugged. "Same thing..." I replied, stuffing a pancake in my mouth.

She chuckled again and walked off saying, "No it's not." I rolled my eyes. "Eh, whatever." I said, munching on another pancake.

A/N: Hey guys! This is my first Mirstie fanfic so I'm dedicating this chapter to iPraiseHIM! Enjoy!