12 - Madness

Chase's POV

A wave of anger shove me off my sit. My muscles are squeezed as well as my heart. This is not from me. Then...

Thalia.

I sprinted out. I can hardly breathe as panic sets in. I made a mistake again. My mind races to recall the way back to their house. Lines and paths and roads crossed out from the search for the shortest way.

How foolish am I? How stupid! My vision zooming to every nook and cranny. I don't want to lose her. Move. Move. Move. Move. Move!

My palm stung with my every effort to stop my growing claws.

"What are you doing?!" Rion yelled and I could feel my head splitting.

"No." I answered gritting my teeth. "Not now."

"Mate is in danger!"

"No!" I yelled back.

I must find her but not when I lost control. No!

I tripped over a bloodied body laying lifeless on the ground. That's a claw mark and this scent. Isn't she the one claiming as the Alpha Rogue? Did Thalia meet her? No. No.

An unfamiliar figure stood besides Aiyu's grave. Who is he? What is he doing there?

He smiled catching my eyes. "Perfect timing." That's not a welcoming smile, that is a devil's wrath. He is that wolf. Decarabian. The survivor. "I just got what I needed." No... did he...

*Growl* Bones break, reforming. Canines and claws extended. I hate him! My clothes ripped midair.

*Growl* My fangs target his head but.

*Bam!* I... we rolled down the hill. The attacker tried to claw and bite my face. Is it a rogue? The heavy waves swarmed my head that I keep on fighting to resurface. I don't want to lose control. I must find her. I must find my mate!
I pushed it away not before its claw caught my right front leg. Standing up the soonest and I snarled at my attacker.
I heard a loud growl and... red eyes. Why does it ... No...

A white... no, glaucous grey wolf almost mirroring the lake, stood in front of me. Mad.. Angry... it is... Thalia.

No. Why? What did he do to you? My muscle weakened at her outrage. What happened? Does she know? Did he told her about the agreement? This anger...
*Growl* She lunged at me in a blink. Thalia, No! I struggle as she tries to bit my head off. No. Thalia. What should I do? Thalia. I can't hurt her.

I hissed as her paw scraped the skin off my side. Thalia. I can't fight her. What should I do? The wound from earlier hasn't completely healed yet and she was targeting it. I can't fight her.

Push her away. No, she will target my hind leg. Thalia! My head spins with my exploding heart. I can't. She pounced on my face and was about to bit my neck. Instinctively, I kicked her with all the force I can manage.

Rustle. Her back bounced on a tree. But she quickly stood up shaking off my attack.

I can't fight her but I can't just runaway. Decarabian stood watching from a cliff. He is using her. Thalia...

She barked turning to my right.
I heard a growl from behind me and... not a moment later, two Alphas stood in front of me, growling at my mate. Defending me? No. It's Thalia. I walked between them. That's my Thalia, you can't hurt her. I attempted to block their view but Gael shook his head. He knew. They knew.

"Tsk." We all turned to the root of all this. Decarabian stood beside her. She's not attacking him. What did he do?

"Did not invite you to this party. And it's still early to start." From the dark, rogues suddenly appeared. We fell on his trap.

"We need to cut this short. For now." He turned his back. "Let's go." Thalia bared her canines one more time before following him. No, don't go!

Dmitri cut me off. Get out of my way! I warned though he did not heard it, he knows what i mean. That is my mate.
The two Alphas prevented me from moving until they are far to keep track.

"Why did you do that?!" I pushed Dmitri as we returnned to Bluelake's pack. Never mind that he is an Alpha, I am too.

"Look at you. You're going to die." His calm tone irritates me most.

"That's my mate! You let them leave!" My voice grumbled in the room. I don't care if anyone heard me. What I want is Thalia.

"She was going to kill you!"

"I don't care!"

His eyes are flickering with the want to fight. I don't care if he'll do. The hell with them.

"Chase! That's enough!" Gael commanded.

Frustrated, I punched the wall, cracking half of it. I don't know which anger is which. Thalia and I are both mad.

"You are an Alpha, act like one." Dmitri scoffed.

I glared at him. One more and you'll see who is the Alpha.

"Both of you stop."

I breathed out turning away. I don't want to regret anything but right now anger is flowing in my blood.

"I assume your mate knows about the agreement. Like it or not, she will come for revenge." Right, she's mad at us. We are the reason why she lost her pack.
"He will use her against us. For some reason, she seemed to be different. I could sense death in her presence."
She's a pure wolf that's why.

It was the first time I had seen her like that. And God forbids it should not be the last.

"As you saw, he has the opportunity to kill us but he didn't."

"This only mean that he planned something else."

Her pack is killed and so...
"They are going for our packs." My mouth moved subconsciously.

"Right. I suggest that the two of you return to your respective packs."

"But-"

"It must be hard but Alphas should prioritize their packs. You know that."
I clenched my fist. I hate that he is right.

"They will probably gather their forces first so we have time to get ourselves ready. We should maintain an open communication until it's over. We cannot leave our packs." Gael reminded me.

The duties of an Alpha. I suddenly wished I was not.

Why is it unfair? Why do I have to suffer?