13 - Blood

(˘・_・˘)Warning: This may get a little bloody.

Chase's POV

I punched at a tree finally breaking its trunk. I stood before the treelines. As painful as it was, I returned to my pack. Setting it on high alert. No one is allowed to leave or enter without my permission. And no one has had the courage to ask me. This is the tenth tree that I've been punching to let off steam. I still am mad and decided that I might kill someone any moment, I distanced myself.

Nobody has asked me to calm down after I broke a table when Kyle asked me to. I know he meant good but I'm not really in any mood to calm down.

It has been days and from last I heard, the Decarabian, the son of a devil is still unmoving. I hate waiting. But more than anything, I hate him. What is Thalia doing right now? I don't ask her to forgive me but I don't want her to be used by that monster.

I hate it. I punched at the tree and a loud thud evidenced its fall.

Senses snapped as an unwelcome creature set foot on the border. My feet pushed all the stored energy that in only a few steps I reached it's source.

I clawed at the intruder but he or she jumped on a branch.

"I don't want to fight.". a woman's voice... her scent is.. a vampire.

Rion snarled and wanted to take the wheel. But before I could let him, she said something I was not expecting.

"Aiyu sent me."

"Aiyu is dead." I answered back.

"You don't understand. He can see a glimpse of the future." What?
She jumped off the tree and pulled out an envelope.

"He wanted you to have this. He specifically told me that you have to read it after I leave. And as I know his premonitions, you should follow it."

I took the envelope. It sure has his scent but premonitions? Why? I looked up but the woman is gone. What is this?
I tore the envelope and got a piece of paper. As I opened it, it read,

"You must be surprised as I am. I did not expect that I'll send this to you. But what's done is done. It will be tedious to explain every details but I will tell you the facts. What Millie told you is true, I can sometimes see a glimpse of the future. I know what will happen or is already happening at this moment. Lianne is with Decarabian. You are at your pack angry but guarding. This is the longest future I have seen so far and probably the last so follow my instructions. I know you have questions but you have to trust me. This is also for Lianne's sake.

As soon as the sun set, go to Thalia's old pack.. You can go on your own. Don't worry about your pack. They will be safe.
Whatever will happen, you must not give up on her. Take care of her because I won't be able to. Love her more than anyone could. And don't tell her about this. Believe in yourself. No matter what. I hope you'll both live happily. This is my last wish.

Thank you, Raiyun Lorcan."

This letter... he knew what will happen. Go to her old pack as soon as the sun sets. I quickly told Kyle that I will be out for a meeting. He did not ask, I don't care if he knew I was lying. Thalia is my priority for now. I need to be her mate right now.

I carefully trailed towards her old pack. It was near the lake so I followed the water. I don't know what Aiyu saw but even if this is practically suicide, no one can stop me. This place seems more like ruins, the trees and plants grew on the collapsed houses.

Why is it awfully quiet? I don't sense any one. They might be gathering right now to plan. There was a torch from up ahead and shadows. I stalked slowly. My sense of smell doesn't work properly as there are only scent of iron. It was too strong that my head is aching.

Muffled voices. I lowered myself, and quietly moves forward.

"What are you doing?!..." A voice yelled .. scared? "No. No! Noooo!!!" A snap. And something fell. I moved closer and my eyes widened in horror. There are bodies all around, blood spilled everywhere. I tried to take any scent if they are the rogues with Decarabian but it was too difficult to distinguish.

I made my way forward, walking in the pool of blood. Aiyu did not say anything about what i should do. But for now, I think I must find her.

*Growling* Something broke, it's from that large house. What is happening?
*Boogsh* *Crack* *Spat*
A body landed in front of me. Eyes wide opened as if it seen something terrifying. Wait... This is... Decarabian. What happened? I looked up the flight of stairs to see where he fell from and... red eyes met mine. Fur no longer identifiable from blood. Thalia. My voice came out a whimper as I was in wolf form.

She bared her bloodied fangs. Unrecognizable. What happened to you?
I swiftly changed back to my human form.

"Thalia." I called out. But she does not recede from her attack position.

"Winter, it's me, Chase... It's me, my dear mate."

She barked. If she decided to attack me, I'll be dead. But I have to trust her. I need to believe in our bond.

"Winter... come home to me." I saw her feet backed away. She's there.

"Winter... I'm here.." She shook her head. As if fighting. "I'm here..." Reminded of something, i better try it.

"Breathe..." I started, doing the same.

"Breathe..." She taught me to breathe.

"It's okay now. It's safe now. I'm here." Her muscles relaxed.

I slowly moved forward, hand reaching out.

"It's okay now." I repeated.

Shaking yet I managed to reach her snout, letting her recognize my scent. She won't bite me. She's my mate. I'm her mate.

She then closed the gap and to my surprise, she whimper brushing his fur against my hand.

"My Love."