HURTS LIKE HELL

HURTS LIKE HELL
BOOK 2

HURTS LIKE HELLBOOK 2

❛ someday this pain will beuseful to you ❜

useful to you ❜

   What is the point of surviving without something to live for? More than half the surviving population have asked themselves that question once or twice.

MARLEY WHITMAN lives for her sister ━ to ensure the promise she made to her late mother does not go unfulfilled. Keep Sage safe. But as the dead's malevolent reign continues, it becomes increasingly difficult to abide by that promise. Between sickness and medicinal books and resurrected enemies, Marley struggles to cope. She has new ambitions. She wants to save people. But learning how to save lives doesn't always guarantee success.

THEO PETERSON lives for his newfound family, for the ones he lost. Growing up, he didn't understand the concept of love. It was all sharp edges and unwarranted anger, broken ceramic and shattered hope. The end of the world birthed him a new family, a new understanding of love, and he accepted it for what it was. But with this love comes fear. Terrified of losing people, Theo slowly drifts from those he holds closest to his heart. His ideology is warped by falsities, by undiluted trepidation. And he can't control it.

SAGE WHITMAN lives for the future. She wants to reach the radiant light at the end of the tunnel ━ if there is one. It is bound to be an exceedingly long journey, but if she has the patience, luck will come. After everything they've been through as a group, they need it. They need something good. But all it takes is one event, a swoop of Death's scythe, and Sage is back to square one. Back to a world overshadowed by darkness. Back to that void. Will she ever crawl out from it again?

DANI ATKINS lives for herself, just like always. Even before the world fell, she lived in a dystopian land ━ a hopeless dream. She's been surviving on her own for years. She knows how take care of herself. But after a year of solitude, how will Dani cope in the presence of others?