Prologue

Marissa is a headstrong and independent young woman who is truly beautiful because she doesn't let her anger and sorrow get the better of her. Marissa is kind to most and is in no way depicted as naive or childish. Marissa has also been shown to have a slight sarcastic side to her, as seen in her comments about her father, Weatherby Swann, her sister, Elizabeth Swann and her social class. But she usually keeps them to herself, fully (and wisely) aware that if she does mouth off to her social class and family, there will be major consequences she might face. Marissa has shown to be rather intelligent and clever especially considering how she was raised after the death of her mother. Marissa has also proven herself to be very brave, unafraid to stand up to her family and social class. She is also resourceful like sewing clothes for the poor. Marissa is shown to be very patient, calm and is somewhat clumsy.

While her love for the young swain, Will Turner is incredibly strong, marrying and/or finding her "true love" was not her main priority. Marissa simply wants to live and to enjoy herself, live a better life, and escape the harsh social class. She was also very kind to her friends (mostly all her friends are animals). She never yells at people and she is very sweet, even though her father can be somewhat rude and bossy to her. Marissa has classically beautiful features. She is of average height, well-proportioned and slender with a softly-shaped kind face. Her skin is fair and flawless, her lips are pink, and her eyes a twinkling blue and beautiful blonde hair.

Marissa is the adoptive daughter of Weatherby Swann. Unlike her sister Elizabeth, Marissa has an adventurous spirit and the need to break societal boundaries. She had long been fascinated with the freewheeling world of buccaneers to a point of learning a song about pirates as a child. Marissa has always been jealous of Elizabeth. Elizabeth has been desired by many suitors even her secret love. Marissa is secretly in love with the young swain, Will Turner. Marissa is soon kidnapped and aboard the Black Pearl, after the attack on Port Royal. Elizabeth gives her a gold medallion and tells her to disguise her name as "Marissa Turner". Then Will and Marissa were arrested by Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company for saving Jack Sparrow. Battles Davy Jones and finally, Marissa becomes the pirate she's dreamed of.

* * *

Marissa means "Of the sea."