The End

The Night is pitch black, there are no moon to be seen. the stars are covered by clouds with no light passing through. Two figures slipped into the prison, easily walking past the drunk guards who have no sense of responsibility. 

"My lady my lady, let me touch your hair~" a song could be heard in a cold damp prison corridor, rats and bugs swarming here and there on the dirty stone floor. Footsteps could be heard nearing the source of the song. "The sun has yet to rise but you dissipate without care~" the voice got fainter as the footsteps reach the prison cell, revealing a sight of a youth with torn clothes, blood could be seen dripping from his back, beaten black and blue that only the face was left untouched. The two figure outside took a very deep breath of the cold prison air as they saw the condition of their dearest friend.

Chuckles could be heard while the long-haired youth in the cell shook his head and tilted unnaturally at them. "Why have you come? My dear friends?"

A flash of pain could be seen on their eyes, "we're coming to save you" said another youth with curly red hair.

"No one is here to get me out, I'll gladly take that you guys are here to send me away." Says the youth in the prison cell, smiling as if nothing wrong happens.

Before the red head speak the one with the brown hair lost it, "stop acting so desperate, we are here for you!" the room is filled with silence as the air gets colder with the night.

Low laugh could be heard coming from the person inside the cell, it's very warm but it sends chill down their spine. "I'm not going." He spoke.

"Phillip!" the red head snaps, "we could make the kid talk."

"There's no way they would let me off even if Darwen tells the truth, don't implicate him!" the youth called Phillip shout at them.

"It's a dead end for me." He added. "There's no return."

The two solemnly looked at him. The red-haired youth open his mouth, "Phillip, we did our best."

"I know," says Philip. "Come to my execution tomorrow. All of you."

A spark of hope could be seen on the two friends' sunken eyes. But the next words betrayed them.

"Mock me, spit on me, cheer on my death." He told.

"Phillip!" the two of them snapped, ready for argument.

"I want the two of you to be the loudest." He added, The two of them stops.

With a trail of tears on his cheek he looked at them. "This is the only way we can go on. This time I could finally say my goodbye properly, Alfred, Theodore."

"It's not for the faint heart, don't miss me." He added.

Alfred and Theodore got out of the prison with sullen face, taking their way surrounded by could air and the dark starless night. Followed by the song echoing behind them, sending them back to their separate path.

"My lady my lady, I'll give you my flower. Even if it blooms now, it will never last forever~" the last phrase left the emptiness of the prison followed by the light slowly rising from the east.

~*~*~

It's bustling in the center of the town; a huge crowd has been loitering around the gallows. The sun is hanging up on the sky releasing unending heat, but the crowd did not dissipate in the slightest. Angry mob face could be seen everywhere in the crowd, taunting at the broken person standing on a stool with ropes around his neck. It's Phillip.

Not even the pain and itch or the scorching sun is enough to wipe off the smile on his face, taunting back at the crowd as if seeing a bunch of fools.

Some of the angry people threw rotten eggs and vegetables at him, leaving foul stench and irritation on every inch of his wounds. "What are you looking at, criminal?! You're dead!" shout a citizen.

"The rotten smell suits your rotten heart the most, you evildoer!" says another one.

Children keeps making silly faces and making songs, mocking his existence that is on the verge of death, as the most disgusting creature on earth.

At the time an official with high ranked attire walk up the podium, stopping the crowd from throwing dirt and mud carelessly. He opened a scroll in his hand and speak with a loud and clear voice. "Nameless Servant of the Marquis Valette, taken since young and has been serving for seven long years. An ingrate who bites the hand that feed, hurting the masters, stealing money, kidnapping the son of his master who is now twelve years old, now shall be bestowed the charge for conspiring against the nobility, and will be sentenced death by hanging."

The crowd cheered for justice as the eyes of the guards scanning the genuine faces, looking for the moles.

"Hanging is not enough, beat him up!" says a red head carpenter throwing dirty oil, while by his side a huge man keeps on spitting at the criminal, "Die, trash. Die!" as though they hated the man to the deepest part of their bones.

These are the looks of the people who support the nobility, the fools who sided with the corrupt entitled masters. They stopped suspecting them and keep scanning along the crowd.

Philip, the man himself, taunting the crowd with a mocking smile, fanning the fire of hate. He scanned the crowd with laughing eyes until his eyes met with a pair of green eyes brimming with pity, he opens his mouth as if talking, but no sound came out. The person about to open his mouth but the executioner kicked the stool, leaving a hanging dead body that didn't even struggle at the end of its life.

At first the crowd is filled with happy cheers, for the evil is now gone. But slowly the number of people dissipate along with the sun going down, leaving a cold rotting corpse with foul stench hanging alone at the gallows for the next few days, before taken down and fed to the stray dogs. Nothing left to collect other than a pile of fleshless unrecognizable human bones, picked up by his late comrades to be buried under a pile of dirt, covered in beautiful flowerbed, as if he never existed in the first place.

~END~