SEVENTEEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I was up earlier than Kassian, looking down to him as he sleeps topless against the hard wooden floor

I was up earlier than Kassian, looking down to him as he sleeps topless against the hard wooden floor. Before he has the chance to wake up I slip into the bathroom and freshen myself up for the day, in desperate need of a shower.

Today I felt numb, the curse wasn't overly painful but I felt exhausted from the inside out. My body slowly adjusting to the chronic pain that I usually feel everyday, now I'm just used to it.

Cracking the bones in my neck and then my hips, feeling like a one hundred year old doll that hasn't been moved in years.

After popping the bathroom door back open, Kassian grunts and raises from the floor. Stretching his thick arms up and over his head, my eyes gravitating to his torso and ripped abs. Noticing how his eyes were slightly open yet tired, his hair a mess.

Slowly he clocks me and relaxes his arms, both of us staring back at each other without saying a word. Grabbing onto the cardigan sitting in my bag, I leave the room before one of us insults the other for absolutely no reason.

Following the hall down to the stairs, hearing voices echo from the kitchen. Pushing my way in and watching as Ludo, Diamond and my father all turn to look at me. Clutching the cardigan closer to my chest, the coldness of the castle getting to me.

"Cleo," Diamond greets warmly. "Good morning."

"Morning," I nod to her, trying my hardest to avoid my fathers intense stare.

"How did you sleep?" Ludo questions.

"Alright," I say with a firm nod.

"Would you like something to eat?" Diamond asks as she raises from the table and waltzes over to the kitchen counter.

"I can eat when everyone else gets up," I tell her.

Ludo nods back at me and joins Diamond on the other side of the kitchen. My fathers eyes remain on mine, clearing his throat to catch my attention.

I huff out a breath and suddenly turn to him. "If you think I'm just going to forgive you and go back to being your daughter then you are mistaken." I say bluntly.

My dad blinks back at me. "I just want to know if you're alright Cleo," he frowns. "You'll always be my daughter.

"No dad, I'm not okay," I shake my head to him. "I haven't been okay for a little while now, I just want this all to be over so I can live a normal life without this fucking grey cloud hanging over my head, day in, day out."

His facial expressions dip at my words. "I'm sorry that you feel like that," he tells me quietly.

I instantly scoff at his words. "Don't be stupid, no one feels sorry for me."

"I'm sorry that I left you," he tells me sincerely, at least I thought he sounded sincere. But I wasn't going to give in that easily, family should stick by each other. Even if one of you turns out to be a complete ass.