A Day In The Life

Sarah POV:

"Cmon Peter, you're gonna be late" Aunt May calls from the living-room as she flips the couch pillows over in the search for her glasses, her eyes divert to the kitchen door, taking notice to me leaning against the frame with a slice of toast hanging out of my mouth as I type away on my phone.

She purposely coughs to take me out of my trance but the bread remains between my teeth as I sent her a sarcastic smile. "Morning" I mumble as I begin to munch on my breakfast. She rolls her eyes at my antics and continues her search, not realising that they're hanging from her neck. "May" I call out and she looks at me, I motion towards her chest and confusion fills her face before she realises what I was notifying her of.

She sighs in relief as she cleans the framing of them with the bottom of her shirt, her lower stomach becoming slightly on show, highlighting a tattoo, one of which that I have never noticed before. I raise my eyebrows at my discovery but decide not to pester her about it for now. Definitely later though.

I clap my hands together once I finish up and I wash them in the sink so that I don't get butter all over my fresh clothes. "Peter cmon" I groan. He takes forever to get ready, honestly you'd think I'd take longer, but no, quite the opposite in-fact. If I say so myself, my style is effortless yet edgy.

I hear him walking around his room for something, clattering everything he possibly could by the sounds of things until he eventually settles down, exits his room and shuts the door behind him, trying to wake the whole neighbourhood by the looks of things.

He stumbles down the stairs, backpack hanging from his shoulder and walks over to give May a kiss on the cheek before slipping out of the front door, not caring if I had to do something first before driving us to school.

I grab my own bag and something catches my attention. A very strong scent. I can't make out what it is. Then it hits me. It's Peters cologne. God how much does that boy need to use? It's like he's tryna suffocate us to death.

As I swing the door open May calls me back into the living room for a second. "Yes May?" I ask, she stands there completely unimpressed. Oh god what did I do now.

She stands there for a short moment, making me grow quite nervous, I mean it could be anything, I'm good at causing trouble and maybe she's found out about something? "Remember you're dropping Peter off at Ned's house tonight" she reminds me and I sigh in relief that that's all her 'talk' entailed. I smile and nod, heading out the door to the car.

I hop in and his damn fragrance hits me again, I immediately scramble about in my seat to get the window open. "What are you doing. You look like a mad-woman" he asks as he watches me wheeze out of the window.

"You" I point at him, panic flashes across his face, "...need to lay off of the cologne, I don't like suffocating. Yes, it smells nice, but from the amount you've used I'd be able to smell it a mile off" I add and he rolls his eyes with a huff. Is he really giving me attitude right now? "I mean it" I warn him. "You're only 15, you can use it all you want when you have your own house."

He waves his arms about in defence. "Yeah, yeah, I know" he admits and pulls his phone out of his pocket as I buckle my seatbelt. As I begin to pull out of the driveway I can't help but notice a smile crawling onto his face. Who's he talking to?

Knowing deep down that he won't want to talk about it I still question him on the matter anyways. Who knows, maybe that's why he's wearing so much cologne. "Who's that?" I tease and his face reddens as he slips it back into his pocket, not allowing me to take a further look.

"No one" he avoids it completely, making it very very obvious that he was lying.

"So it's not a girlfriend?" I say and he shakes his head, maybe I'm going the wrong way about it? "...boyfriend?" I add just incase.

His eyes widen at the assumption and he closes it down straight away. "No, no, no. Not that there's anything wrong with it...but no" he panics and I chuckle at his expression, knowing he wouldn't have meant it in a bad way considering I myself am attracted to the same gender, that of which is obviously women. I must say though, older women definitely have something about them that girls my own age don't.

"I'm messing with you kid" I chuckle at him, he remains frozen in his seat, both eyes screwed tight and his lips pierced together as if he was afraid to say something wrong. "Relax Peter" I assure him and he smiles slightly as he settles down.

We pull up and I reverse into a parking bay carefully, whipping my head round to all of the mirrors, making sure I wasn't going to bump into anything or anyone. "You got everything you need?" I make sure and he nods, grabbing his backpack from the floor and placing it onto his lap.

He double checks that it's zipped up properly and must have realised something as he facepalmed, sighing against his hands. "I forgot my lunch" he groans and I chuckle at him thinking he'd have to starve.

"Yes you did. But I didn't" I inform him and his face lights up in appreciation as I take his lunch out of my bag.

He places it neatly into his own backpack and gives me a quick high five before near enough leaping out of the car. I've never known a boy so eager to go to school. Maybe this crush has something to do with it. I'll definitely pester him later about it. I'll try to do it around May so that he falls into the deep end and has to speak up.

My phone vibrates on the dashboard and I lean over to grab it as I unbuckle my seatbelt.

Charlotte: Hey losers, you here yet?
Sarah: No, I'm dead, not sure about Cameron though.
Cameron: I'm almost here. I'm at the corner of the street near the bus stop.

After reading his text I look in my rear mirror to see if I could find him and sure enough I did. Panting and swearing his way through crowds of people. Why on earth do I associate myself with him? I've been asking myself the same question since I was 7 when I moved here.

They're the first two friends I got. Sure, most people in the school like me and enjoy my company, in the least full of myself way, but no one understands me like they do. I don't like to get all lovey-dovey about it but they're my people. I'd do anything for them if I had to, just as I would for Peter and May.

Sarah: Remind me why I'm friends with you again?
Charlotte: Me too, I can't remember at this point.
Cameron: You guys love me really, don't deny it.
Sarah: Mhm.
Charlotte: Mhm x2

I laugh at Charlottes similar antics and I see him shaking his head at his phone in the mirror.

Cameron: See you guys in English.

English first period actually isn't that bad, Mrs Andrews loves me to say the least, I'm her favourite student by a country mile, not that she'd ever admit it out loud but I am, we both know it...deep down.

I sigh as I unlock my door, stepping onto the road as I throw on a pair of sunglasses as the sun is absolutely shining today. "Hey Sarah" Chad calls out from across the yard, I sent him a polite smile and wave before heading to class. I can't stand him.