Chapter Six

"No, I don't want to get turned, please" you wail out, trying to get away from the sirens, while your father tries to hold you still.

"Stop moving, (Y/n), or this will hurt more" Delta warns, clutching into your arms tightly.

"No, I don't want to become your daughter, I'm scared"

The siren king rolls his eyes at the whole scene unfolding in front of him.

"If I were you, I would return that child to the surface, it is clear that she doesn't want you to be her father"

The siren king, Lucian, is mocking Delta's inability to change his attitude.

"If the ritual is done she will feel more connected to me, I want her to be my child through blood" Lucian raises an eyebrow.

"You can marry a beautiful mermaid, and have children with her, let the poor girl return to her people"

Delta holds you against his chest, wrapping his arms protectively around you while sneering at the king.

"Do the ritual now" Lucian narrows his eyes at Delta.

"The poor child would never forgive you" Delta chuckles.

"Nor would your wife forgive you when she discovers your affairs"

Lucian bites his bottom lip angrily at the clear threat.

But swims over to you, before grabbing into your wrist and Delta's wrist.

The dark-haired merman stares at you emotionlessly.

"Prepare for the worst"

Before Lucian could do anything, you black out from panic.

𓆉︎⁂𓆉︎⁂𓆉︎

You wake up, only to see yourself laying in Delta's embrace, as he cuddles you like a mother cuddling her small baby.

"You are finally awake, my child" you look at him.

"What happened?" you inquire, scared to know the answer.

"You are officially my daughter by blood, it was better that you lost consciousness" Delta announces cheerfully.

You look at your legs to see that they are the same.

"But I don't have a tail" you exclaim.

"Yes, because the ritual is for blood connection...did you want to be a siren like your papa?"

You shook your head quickly at him, as he chuckles at you.

"No, I don't want to become a monster like you,"  you say.

Delta's grasp tightens around you, as his cold eyes stare deep into yours.

"If I was a monster as you claim, I would have eaten you just like I did to your parents and their friends"

Delta shows you his sharp teeth.

"You don't want me to eat you, do you, my sweet poor child"