01

- please do not read if triggered easily

it was a cold winter morning, like any other. not like it really mattered to him anyways.

"mr.choi, i wish you a good morning." a man about the same age as 'mr.choi' walked into the unknown room.

he didn't budge a single muscle. he simply nodded to acknowledge his presence, not having the strength to say anything back.

"i see you haven't touched your breakfast yet." the man pointed to the food laying in front of mr.choi.

"not feeling it." he rubbed his eyes, turning his face towards the window, from which the bright winter sun had shined.

"alright, i'll leave you for now, mr.choi." the man clasped his hands together, indicating he was now going to leave the room mr.choi was staying in.

"sir, i already told you that i just want to be called san. i've been here for a long time, no need to be this formal to me." san still looked out of the window. he didn't want to look at the man, not in this state.

"okay, understood, san. see you later today." the person gave him a quick smile, as he left the room.

san continued watching the snow fall on the window sill, as he thought about his life.

what had he done for his life to turn out this way?

immersed in his thoughts, he got brought back to present by his phone going off.

"unknown number?" he mumbled.

"dude, you won't believe me, but joong rejected hwa!" a female voice chirped.

"excuse me, miss. you might've dialed the wrong number." san politely excused, not wanting to make this situation more embarrassing for her.

she must've wanted to call her friend to tell them about some drama within their friend group. san thought. he had always wanted those kinds of relationships to other people, due to his current situation, he never was able to form such bonds with his peers.

"oh, well that's unfortunate. would it bother you if i still told you about the rejection? i'm just so mad about this one guy rejecting our friend, that i need to let it out somewhere." the girl rambled, quite out of breath, as she probably was walking really fast.

"i've got plenty of time, go on." san was quite interested in what was going to happen.

all of his days happened to be dull, monochromatic and repetitive. he wanted, and desperately needed change before it was too late.

"okay, so, as i've already mentioned, we got this friend called seonghwa, he's got the hot's for another guy called hongjoong. this 'crush' thing has been going on for 3 years now, it's gotten pathetic! he never had enough confidence to confess to joong, because he wasn't really sure if he swayed the same way, you know?" the girl paused, breathing a bit harder this time.

"i can hear that you're moving around, you don't have to tell all at once. take a break, sit down somewhere." san advised.

"it's okay, it's okay. i'm used to this. busy woman things." she chuckled, though still out of breath.

"anyways, so hwa finally confessed to joong today! he bought a small cake, just enough for the two of them because hongjoong invited them to hang out at his little studio. he is a music producer, that's cool right! he's not cool though, he rejected hwa." he could hear her pouting over the phone, making him chuckle.

"the way he rejected him was even worse. once they sat down on the sofa of joong's studio, hwa took his hands, faced him and just told him about his sexuality and his feelings, asking joong if they were mutual. do you know what this 4'11 dwarf did right then? you guessed it, he asked hwa to leave!" san felt embarrassed for her, as she probably just aggressively shouted on the street. he had shivers just at the thought of all the eyes facing her right now.