Chapter 1: 'A tale as old as time'

"Once upon a star, humans had discovered a bizarre type of magic. One that was created through excitement and adrenaline. The first sighting of this magic was in the 1800's, it has been rumoured to have been created with the first ever coaster. Little did anyone know, this would begin generations of guardians to protect the magic and protect the people who treasured it the most. Day by Day, we each play apart to make it stronger by performing at our assigned rides and areas, doing daring acts to keep the excitement high in the air. Sadly most of this tale has been lost to time and no-one can even find the first ever guardian."

--------------------------------------------------

James's P.o.v

Date: 5/2/200X

I was woken up by yelling. Again. The 2 very familiar voices just grew louder and louder. Belinda and Gaberiel were fighting again. I just let out a defeated sigh before forcing myself out of bed. I gave myself a glance in the mirror before shaking my head in a half arsed attempt at fixing my bed hair. I couldn't be bothered to get dressed so I just grabbed my cloak and put it on before exiting into the X-Sector common area. It was fairly empty with just a basic coffee table, a sofa and a bookshelf pushed against the wall. The walls were a dull grey, same with the floor. Xily even said herself that it's too boring but is always too busy to actually do anything about it. I was yanked out of my thoughts by a loud crash coming from Forbidden Valleys common area or more specifically, Gaberiel's room. I just huffed before walking out and across the hall.
"I'm trying my goddamn hardest in this relationship, for you and our kids but apparently that isn't enough for you. I don't understand what Castal has that I don't." I hear Gaberiel yell. I will never understand my sister's motives by cheating on him, after all Gabe is Alexander's son and second in command. She has nothing to gain by cheating. I push open the door and step into the common area. Unlike X-Sectors common area, it had a lot more decoration and was heavily themed around the PHALANX military. The shelves were littered with little trinkets and 2 long, white chains hung from the ceiling. I step towards Gaberiel's room before Catherine grabs my hand. Apparently I didn't notice her when I walked in.
"Don't . It's best we don't get involved." She sighs. She looks so tired. Then again, I suppose been woken up multiple times at night by a small toddler and a heavily unstable couple does do that to a person.
"Right... I will never understand why he doesn't just leave her though. Belinda is no good for his mental state." I say, shaking my head. Love has always been a strange concept to me, especially when people only get hurt in a relationship but chose to stay because they still love them.
"Not sure. He can-"
Catherine gets cut off by Gaberiel's door slamming open.
"I am tired of your bullshit excuses. I have gave you 5 fucking chances to change but every single time, you go back to him and never even break up with me first." Gaberiel snaps as he leaves his room, Belinda trailing behind him, "You know What, I'll do for you. We are over, now stay away from me and our kids."
Good for him, I guess. Though I do certainly wonder if this might bite him back in the future as this is Belinda we're talking about. I watch her storm out before looking back at Gaberiel who was know shaking, whether out of anger  or just adrenaline of doing that.
"...So I'm assuming she found out..." I say, crossing my arms which causes Gaberiel to nod, "To be fair she had it coming. If she didn't want a taste of her own medicine then she shouldn't cheat." I continue with a shrug.
"Can I ask what you two are talking about..?" Catherine asks in a timid voice.
"Basically, Gabe came to me for a bit of comfort since you was busy with Mitchell and one thing lead to another and we ended up hooking up.." I watch Gaberiel turn bright red as I explain this to her which did make me laugh a little.
---------------
Present day

Looks like I was right all those years ago. The dust is barely clearing up and all I can hear is yelling and a slight ringing in my ears. This is bad. This is so bad. All I remember was hearing multiple explosions then everything crumbling around me. I didn't even realise that Gabe pulled me out the building. This was planned by her. If I just listened to Simon, maybe then we could have convinced the others to believe but this is no time for ifs and anything of the sort. The dust started to clear down and the damage was clear as day. What was once the place we considered home, the place we called our sanctuary after being cast out by the humans, was now just a massive hole in the ground that was half full of rubble. I could hear Mickey, Charles, Tina and so many other parks doing a recall to make sure every one of their rides got out safely. I knew some rides were still in there, including Simon, Rebecca and Halidies.
"I hope you allll enjoyed the first part of our show." A familiar voice that I hadn't heard in years. It was that green and blue prick, Jeremy. Jeremy was outcasted after bring so much bad luck to all of us and ended up shattering all the rides at his park. Safe to say that The Jester was the ride you never wanted to get in a fight with especially with his unusual abilities.
"I like to welcome you allll to the next part of our show which I like to call the beginning of the end." He continues in his annoying voice. I swear he is going to make my ears bleed if he continues talking. With a snap of his fingers, the overgrowth that was wrapped around his body had grew.... fast. He never had that ability before..... unless he was the one who... No, it doesn't make sense, someone would have seen him leave and reported him or tried to stop him. I shake my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts but that was a mistake on my part. See, underneath my fringe is my rideheart. A small orange and white gem that allows me to use my abilities that my ride provides me with. It also keeps my body stable, stopping my body from becoming overwhelmed with magic, everyone's does the same. I guess mine must of shown for a split second and it only took that second for the closest piece of overgrowth to basically... lunge at me and wrap around my rideheart before yanking it out. I didn't even get a chance to react..
"Annnnnd we already have a donor~. How kind of you, Oblivion."
That bastard. I don't take my eyes off the clown as Gaberiel forces me onto my knees so he tend to my 'bleeding'. If this all started because of Gabe ending things with Belinda then I need to protect Gaberiel's rideheart. I wrap my arms around the centre of his back, where it resides. I'm not letting the bastard get it when he has his guard down. I don't want to lose him, not now, not ever.
------------------------------------------------------
Character profile:
James Herra Alton
Age: Unknown though is said to be in his mid to late 40's
Height: 7'8, the tallest out of the big seven
Ride: Oblivion at Alton Towers
Personality: He can be quite cold with a lack of understanding of certain human emotions and is easily annoyed/ irritated. He can become very protective of those He cares about and likes things to be done in a timely manner.
Relations:
Alexander Alton: Son-in-law
Gaberiel Alton: Husband (they will never decide if its platonic or not)
Alin Alton and Relie Alton: Uncle/father (adopted them)
Belinda Herra: Brother though its safe to say they hate each other
Olivia Herra: Brother
Appearance:
Dark skin tho he does have vitiligo so he has lighter patches mainly on his face, neck and hands.
Short white hair which gets a little longer at the back.
He has black scleras (or white of the eye for people who don't know what it is-) with orange 0's as irises and has no visible pupils with 2 black arrows that come from both eyes and down his cheek.
He normally wears a black cloak with the Oblivion logo on the left sleeve and a orange button, a orange belt that's decorated with 2 black arrows, white trousers and grey boots that have a orange line near the top and a darker grey version of the Oblivion logo.
Rideheart:
A orange and white gem that is flat one side, the white part of his Rideheart matches with the lighter patches caused by vitiligo. His Rideheart is typically located on the centre of his forehead, covered by his hair.
Extra stuff:
James is something known as a "void monster" or "void creature" which is a creature that is entirely made out of darkness, they can choose to take a more human like appearance and can easily shift back to their original form or sit in a kind of half way point between both of these. Due to this, James bleeds a black substance that can't really be called blood. This substance can burn creatures made of light.
James' abilities consist of 3 things: light manipulation, darkness manipulation and the ability to drain anyone of their magic or drain them mentally.
——————————————————

This is way better than last time! I hope you enjoyed the rewritten version of this. I personally think its much better then last time so I hope yall enjoyed.