Chapter 23: Disaster Always Find A Way

How did this happen?

How did all this happen so quick?

Just a moment ago, the tingly feeling of grass and flowers stuck to your face.

But right now, all you could hear was ringing in your ears.

<<<

Petals of wisteria tickled your cheeks as your back relaxed against the tree. A deep blue overran the night sky as you watch for any upcoming souls.

You and Inosuke decided to race back but along the way you had lost him after passing by the heart of the forest but you were sure he was fine since you could sense his soul nearby, you just aren't sure when.

It's been a while since you last checked though so you had to make sure. He was capable of protecting himself but he's still reckless sometimes.

Plus you wanted to try soul seeking again.

Since the last time, you believe you've improved greatly after using Akaza's blood. His was more unique than any of the standard demons, then again, he was a cut above the rest.

That fateful day you had used his blood, your vision had change tremendously. It enhanced your focus solely on a specific trait, their fighting spirit. But it came with a few setbacks so you had to stop using it and preserve it for possible future use.

Closing your eyes shut, the land around you massively changed to a darker theme. Lifeforms were easily recognizable this way and you just so happened to sense one coming right now-

"INOSUKE COMING THROUGHHHH!!"

As his head collided with the ground, you stifled a laugh, saving him from embarrassment. You could detect him more accurately now. Inosuke collected himself and huffed proudly, forgetting about what just happened and huffed massive amounts of smoke out of his nostrils.

"OI!! YOU TOTALLY KNEW I WAS COMING!"

You dodged multiple punches coming from him until he laid exhausted on the ground. "Don't worry Inosuke, I'll make it up to you with some specially made onigiri yeah?"

His eyes sparkled and he danced happily, marching into headquarters.

You decided to turn off soul seeking until-

"Danger!"

And here you are now.

You look up to see a demon, actually, several demons protecting one colourfully dressed demon. They flicked their dirty white hair, laughing sadistically as they glance at headquarters.

"It took me weeks but I'm finally here! Maybe now HE WILL NOTICE ME!!" With laughter that made you sick to your stomach, you ran closer to them. Afterall, you're the only Pillar here right now.

"HAGAKURE! SEND A MESSAGE TO THE OTHERS TO GET BACK HERE ASAP! INOSUKE, DON'T FIGHT, MAKE SURE THE OTHERS ARE SAFE FIRST!"

You shouted, your bird going invisible and quickly flying away. Inosuke, who had just noticed the demon in the sky, hesitated before listening to what you said.