Chapter 1

The floorboards groaned, as if they were in pain, as the beast prowled across them. Some large rats, one missing part of it's tail, unwisely scurried across the path of the feral creature, earning them a quick death by it's claws. Wind whistles through a broken window, along with a few stray snowflakes that settled upon the creature's coarse hair only a moment before melting. The boxes piled haphazardly around the house seemed to cast a silhouette of creatures large and small, with teeth, tusks and claws. None of these silhouettes could compare to the sheer horror of the lupine creature that hunted between them.
A human stumbled around the boxes, completely unaware of the beast's presence, before collapsing among a pile of pillows that it had been sleeping in. The beast grinned a primal grin, about to pounce upon the unsuspecting human snoring before him, when suddenly the human's companion noticed the horrific beast and began growling and barking at him, causing the human to awaken. The beast slew the mutt, but it was too late. The human scrabbled around in the darkness, finding his shotgun and whispered "A-A werewolf?!" Before finding into the darkness, grazing the beast's flank but missing his arteries by a hair. The beast, spooked by the blast and sudden pain, barrelled into the cold, dark night.
Drip. Drip. Drip. This was the only sound before the werewolf returned to it's den. The cave in which he had spent a good deal of his life in contained numerous carcasses of all shapes and sizes, such as rabbits, foxes, rats, and even human. There was a few scrawlings upon the cave wall, from one of the few times his human mind overpowered his own, powerful lupine one. Fortunately they had not been found by any humans, at least any currently living ones. The werewolf had been named Lun-Dun-Ra, but it was not a werewolf given name. No, this name was given to him by a human. The only human who had seen him and lived. Sam, the human half of this shared body. Lun-Dun-Ra (or just Ra for short) is the leader of a pack of werewolves which has it's cave in the southwest area of England, or Cornwall. He is highly respected by many wolves, and some of them think of him so highly that they call him the high wolf of Cornwall, but he has no place upon the moon council yet. That honour belongs to Mordok, the 'official' high wolf of Cornwall, though he has a poor reputation and is disliked by many. Ra takes great pride in being the self proclaimed 'people's high wolf of Cornwall' and boasts about it to any wolf who doesn't know him. Sam actually quite liked Ra, despite his inflated ego, but their differences often caused arguments about moral code. Sam and Ra met each other when Sam was bitten by a feral werewolf who had gone rouge, and he was infected with lycanthropy, which was when Ra's conciseness was formed, nearly 6 years ago.
"Goddamnit!" Ra growled, frustrated because of his failure.
"Don't be like that... you'll get him next time!" Sam assured Ra, being his usual optimistic self.
"This isn't a fucking game Sam. There won't be a fucking 'next time'! He'll be ten times more alert now, we'll never cut that pig's throat!" Ra sharply reprimanded. He turned around, now addressing his pack, he delivered the bad news. "Sorry boys, the guard saw me. It'll be rabbit again tonight." This was accompanied with a series of groans, with one younger werewolf piping up and asking:
"Can't we just go and hunt some deer? I'm tired of fucking rabbit..."
"Shut ya trap Popper, we hunted them too much last year and they all left the area. We need to leave them alone or they'll never come back and you'll never eat them again!" Ra Yelled, before ending his speech with: " NOW GET HUNTING!!"
Which prompted a frightened "Y-yes sir!" From Popper, who then proceeded to scamper away with his tail between his legs.
Ra walked away, to his separate chambers, with a smirk on his face.