one shot: meet the kangs

so for a lil timeline, the squid game where sae-byeok and kyo were in was in 2020 and then they got out and so so, then they get married around 2022-23 and then they have their first kid in 2024 and the second in 2026.

and idk really know how ivf works so if im wrong lmk

[a few years later]

Their alarm blared in their ears, but Sae-Byeok fumbled for the alarm clock and threw it at the wall, causing it to break but it's annoying noise stopped and Kyo jumped up at the sound of it smashing.

She pushed her messy hair out of her eyes and nudged her sleeping wife, "We gotta get the kids up for school."

"Ten minutes," Sae-Byeok groaned into her pillow, turning over to hold Kyo closer. Kyo chuckled at her childishness. They had been married for a few years and their life hadn't really changed that much.

Well, except for the kids.

They had done IVF, and with some disagreements and a rock-paper-scissors game to decide, they carried and gave birth to one kid each. And thus, on the 15th of February, Kang Lee-Yeong was born.

Cheol's reaction to seeing him for the first time was, in a word, adorable. "I have a playmate!"

"Cheol, he's only a few hours old."

"And?"

And then, a couple of months later, Sae-Byeok was pregnant. Nine months later, on the 1st of August, Kang Hae-Sun was born. 

Now, Kyo got up to wake them up for school. She knocked on her son's door before opening it. He was 7 and in second grade whilst Hae-Sun was in kindergarten, but she'd be going into first grade in the next school year.

"Hey, kiddo, sun's out," Kyo nudged him gently, and he rolled over, moving his curtains to see outside the window. It was still dark out.

"And you told me not to lie."

"Yeah, but mom can because she's wiser and knows better, now up you get," Kyo said as Lee-Yeong rolled out of bed expertly and jumped onto Kyo with a small squeal. "Red shirt or yellow shirt?"

"Blue."

Kyo rolled her eyes, gently tickling him before setting him down and watching him run into the bathroom. She turned to his wardrobe, opening it to take out his clothes that he'd wear. "Ma! Shower!"

She ran into the bathroom to give him a bath and soon, Kyo had gotten him dressed and were now walking past Hae-Sun's room where she watched Sae-Byeok get their daughter dressed up. Kyo leaned against the doorway, picking Lee-Yeong up into her arms before pointing at her, "Look at your mama, so pretty."