Chapter 40

Birthdays

Birthdays. One muffin from the gas station nearby and an extra plate of fries from the club. That was how it had always been, the same thing every year until now, now I had no idea what was about to happen. All they had told me when I had gone this morning was that the others already had something planned for me.

They also told me that the one thing I had asked from them was ready for me to see.

I was sitting on the chair in the back room waiting for the go ahead. It had taken me 2 agonizing weeks to get out of the hospital. My wounds weren't completely healed the bullet wound was still wrapped in a bandage but I wasn't wearing a sling anymore.

The cuts and bruises that covered my body had healed quite a bit, the few deep ones left scars but thankfully I hadn't time to really analyze them. Finally Alex stepped out of the room, nodding his head towards me.

Taking a step forward I hesitated for a moment, did I really want to do this? Was I even ready? Fuck! Screw it, I deserved to do this. I walked inside the dimly lit room, my eyes snapping to the man in the chair.

Everyone around me stood silently around me. I dragged another chair from the other corner of the room; flipping it I sat with my legs on either side of it. "I want some time alone." I said distractedly as I opened a bottle of ammonia.

Their hesitancy was clear and I didn't blame them after all I was asking them to leave in the room alone with a man that almost killed me. But I needed this, "Leave. Now." My withering stare was enough to make them run out like their asses were on fire.

I held the bottle under Sokolov's nose until he jerked awake. "Good morning." I said setting the bottle down and picking up my karambits. These babies had been with me through a lot and it seemed fitting that they got a chance at this.

"сука" he spat towards me. I laughed, god the guy just didn't give up. "You say that like it's a bad thing. Honey, I won't be me if I wasn't a bitch." The confident smirk never left my face. (Bitch)

"You are a killer. You took her away from me." His thick accent could be easily detected in his speech. Somehow there was tiny part of myself that felt pity for the man, he was so blindly in love with my crazy aunt that he didn't care about anything else.

"Come on. Who here isn't a killer. I mean you have a way higher body count than me." Sokolov looked like he was angry and frustrated. I was dragging this out, irritating him just for the hell of it. I had been through hell for three weeks with him I deserved to have a little fun of my own.

"What is it you want from me?" He asked, I stood up as I circled him.

"You know my life was never the easiest. I had to fight every goddamn day so I could survive. For a long long time I was given no choice but to do things just so I get a tiny bit of food inside of me.

I had never known what a normal life looked like. I didn't know what normal 10 year old girls did, because they sure as hell didn't get beaten up by their mother everyday." I kneeled on one knee before him.