『 Chapter 2: Searching For A Dragon 』

✵ ✵ ✵

"He never listens." Hiccup complained.

You rolled your eyes, "It runs in the family." The boy sent you a mock hurt expression, he gasped pressing his hand to his chest. Gobber nodded, agreeing.

"And when he does, it's always with this... disappointed scowl. Like someone skimped on the meat in his sandwich." He then puffed out his chest and distorted his voice, doing a surprisingly good impression of his father, "Excuse me, barmaid! I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra-large boy with beefy arms. Extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fish bone!" You snickered slightly, that was exactly what Stoick sounded like.

Gobber let out a sigh, "Now, you're thinking about this all wrong. It's not so much what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand." You covered your mouth, he was roasting the boy.

"Thank you for summing that up." Hiccup said sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

Gobber tried to redirect the conversation, "Look, the point is, stop trying so hard to be something you're not." The man finished, trying to usher the boy through the door.

"I just..." Hiccup gestured over to you, "I just wanna be one of you guys." He shut the door behind him. Leaving the two of you in silence.

Gobber turned to you, "I want you to stay with him. Stoick would have said the same thing." You let out a huff before turning around to face the door, "Now, I have a meeting to be at."

"Odin's beard." You growled, "When can I stop babysitting." You opened the door of the house. You were expecting to see the boy sitting inside.

It was empty.

You walked upstairs to his room, but it was also empty.

"Oh, Thor-" You breathed, "Not again." You heard the door downstairs shut. You quickly ran down the stairs, skipping as many steps as you could without falling. You followed the noise and ran out the back door, seeing a flash of brown hair rush into the woods. You groaned before following the boy again.

You quickly noticed that he wasn't running away from you he was searching for the dragon. You caught up to him and placed your hand on his shoulder.

"I don't care where you go, but I have to keep an eye on you." You said before retracting your hand from his shoulder.

The boy shrugged, crossing off something in his notebook. He didn't speak, you assume she was ignoring you. Not that you minded at all the silence was quite nice.

He let out a sigh before turning around to face you, "(Y/N), why didn't you tell them?" He asked, "Why did you say I missed it?"

You crossed your arms, "Isn't that obvious? You cause me pain I cause you pain."

"Am I that much trouble?" He asked, closing the book in front of him, "Are you that annoyed by me?"

You nodded, "Yeah. If it wasn't for you I would probably already be fighting with the others." The boy's expression shifted.

"Do you believe that?" He asked causing you to recoil slightly at the question, "It was your father's decision. Not my fault." The boy then opened his book and turned around, continuing in the same direction.

The two of you walked in silence, you knew he was right. He wasn't trying to be mean, he was just telling the truth. You for one knew that Hiccup didn't have a mean bone in his body, you highly doubted that he could kill a dragon if he tried.

"Oh, the gods hate me. Some people lose their knife or their mug. No, not me. I manage to lose an ENTIRE DRAGON?!" Hiccup growled, scribbling at his notebook.