Blaze I

When life hands you a candle that brightens the darkness that shrouds around you releases you from your little sadness, it brightens your path and everything surrounding it and in it, and when the candle blows out and your stuck in the darkness to dwell in the hell you have seemed to create for yourself, you don't just fall; you plummet and crash, and it doesn't stop hurting till you fly, but you can't fly... yet. Your wings must be found, so you know why you fly, why you do all you do to soar but it comes from joy and the joy you have to feel can only be expressed when you have earned your wings to flee from this wretched place. But you can't, cause you've been held down by the guilt of what you have done to get yourself here. So you're not free, not even close. So you deny, it and sit in your hell, day in and day out hoping and praying that the prison will suddenly illuminate and you'll see the way out, everything that you have endured was over and that you have been freed from this eternal hell and that you can once again see the path and that you can leave, but it doesn't happen. Good things don't happen to evil people - and that is what you are, you're evil and it can't happen to you even if you did try, and you won't dream of a better future and you won't see tomorrow because these are your longest nights the shortest days cold summers and colder winters because everything is freezing to the temperature of your heart. And you'll wait and you sit in the cruel darkness waiting for a sign even if that means you're going to die of the eternal frostbite...

Then you see it fall from the sky, a barely lit match. You reach for it and pluck it out of the air you start to see the fog lift, and the personal inferno that you have been forced to endure is finally clearing and you see tomorrow so you try to keep it lit till it burns your hand and goes out, you try to re-spark it and out of frustration you drop it and the darkness of the inferno slowly surrounds you and you slowly feel more pain till you start to burn and everything around you burns with it. You look out onto the world you once lived in and all the fire that consumes it, you finally stop acting like none of this hurts you... and you cry. And those tears put out the flames, you finally cry in admittance that you did this. You put yourself in hell with the devils and that's what you've become. You were greedy. The fire that you first had was good enough practically the best but you tossed it aside and now look at the flames that surround you, it is no longer cold, but it's so hot that now it hurts. The fire is gone now every single one drenched out you're alone again in the cold dark... and you're ok with it. Finally you have the time to think about this and you think and think, until you're certain about everything. You fall to your knees and start looking around for it till you finally find the candle and the match you place each in front of you in the darkness and you try to relight the candle and it sparks but it goes out. You look at it and the pain that you first had when you first lit it and it went out but why do you care? You've learned that you can't keep a candle lit forever and someday it was bound to go out. The fire is to fizzle and stop and the wax to slowly melt but it worth it all to try again to try to feel the original warm feelings that made you go insane. You put down the candle you look up at what you hope to be the sky and you stare into the eternal darkness, till it is cut out by beautiful rays of light and it shines out onto you and the light engulfs you in its rich source of energy and you look to the sky staring towards your new source of light and joy and you smile and whisper to yourself, "Dawn."