~THIRTY-THREE~

"As we unite to serve one another, we accomplish much more together than we could on our own.” – Carl B. Cook

* * *

Dedicated to Neuro13

The pic above is a picture of Boluwaji ❤️

Enjoy. . .

                                     •ORE•

"Omo, your phone must be a really beautiful girl oh," Jeremy said as he sat on my bed, "because this one you're biting your lips like this. .  ."

I looked up from my phone to see him smirking. His eyes held a glint of wonder and curiosity. I rolled my eyes and sent the last heart emojis to Bolu, then turned off my phone.

"Nawa oh, bossman. You dey use me press phone sef,  ah ahn!" He shook his head slowly, still amused. "You don blow gan oh."

"Before nko?" I said as I sat up with my back to the wall. "Na today I blow?"

"Feeling yourself. . ." He sang out with a slightly terrible voice. Correction; very terrible voice.

I laughed. "Abeg, guy no dey sing for here." I laughed again.

"Pele. Joy thinks my voice is cute. And if she thinks so, whatever you or other people say, don't count."

"Joy? She told you your voice is cute? For real?"

"Yes," he answered and nodded smugly.

I laughed hard. "She must be deceiving you ohh. When did she tell you that one? Abi it's not the feisty Joy I know?"

"Baba forget, she talk am!"

"Are you sure she wasn't being sarcastic?" I asked still laughing.

"No jhor. She was like; 'you are cute, just like your voice'," he said and sighed dreamily. "I had to kiss her when she said it."

I laughed harder, clutching my stomach. Lucky enough, the other boys weren't in the room except Phillip who could sleep through anything, so I didn't have to bother that my voice was too loud or something. Today was a Saturday and most of the time, we didn't stay all day in our dorms. We mostly spent it in the common room downstairs or just hung around in other places in the compound. But today, I hadn't left my bed since I woke up.

Normally I'd have gotten up, gotten ready to hang around too but I was too busy smiling at my phone because of a certain person - no, it wasn't Chidera - too busy smiling that I didn't notice that Jeremy had woken up too.

I wiped tears away from my eyes as my laughter gradually came to a stop. Jeremy was looking at me, grinning like the mad fellow he was.

"You're clearly insane," I said, finally.

"Yeah. . . insanely in love with JoyAnne Folarin, you got that right, bruh." He nodded smugly.

I shook my head. "Mumu."

"So. . .why were you smiling at your phone like that?" He asked, raising a brow. (I thought he forgot about that already. )"I'm sure it wasn't Chidera and it definitely wasn't a boy." He  smirked mischievously.

I gave him the middle finger, which he returned before I said, "someone."

"Hmmmm. And the someone is?" He peered closely at me. I rolled my eyes. "Abi, I cannot know the someone again?"