Part 19: Another Lie In A Story Of Mine

CHAPTER 19: Another Lie In A Story Of Mine

October 15th, 2031.
6:15 pm, Outskirts of New York City, America.
Fitzgerald Institute for Troubled Youth.

I ripped his flesh into pieces, breathing heavy, a mere twelve year old and a life taken under my fingertips. There was no whipping. My first fight, I recall the exact moment I lost, the exact moment my opponent brushed my wounds with salt and spat on my sobbing form. Crushing my spine, the nineteen year old had no problem beating down my eleven year old self until I screamed for death.

They called it a mercy that I was only slapped by Headmistress Zoysia. That I should have been Beaton down by the guards, that I should have been assaulted for failing at life, for failing at fighting for it.

Like I didn't deserve life.

Like I didn't deserve to walk.

Like I didn't deserve to breathe.

Like I didn't deserve a second chance.

It was Sampson who stood above me beaten, broken and bruised form, "You have grit, you just need protection." He said to me.

Christian next to him, a girl hiding behind them.

I stare at them with one eye open, the other forced shut from my first fight.

Sampson holds his callous hand out, "Shake it, and you have our protection."

******

April 25th, 2042.
10:02 pm, London, United Kingdom.
Advanced Business Engagements Academy (Private Business Institution), Sylvan Lakeshore.

I hate that she didn't listen, not just to me. Lorraine was paused, halted in her reverberating scream over mine as I ripped out of Talon's traitorous hands. I couldn't see for it all, staring at the explosion in slow motion and remembering the first moment we met. She strutted in a gorgeous business suit, she was ready to lead a fucking army in her wake and she took me down with no questions asked,no effort overused.

"TALON! FUCKING LET ME GO!" I scream my lungs out in gory pieces, everything in me was torn into dark lines of blood red liquid gushing through my meaty veins. Desperation clouding my vision, despair starting at my toes, she couldn't be.

She just couldn't be.

I knew Lemon.

I knew her stubborn fucking side would fight this, but the longer I stared at the fire growing like licking streaks in the ash-filled air, I was consumed with a dark cloud slicing like daggers through my stomach first, like bullets ripped through my ribcage and tore through whatever heart that was left for Lemon.

"YOU GO IN THERE YOU'LL DIE! WE CAN'T EDMUND! WE FUCKING CAN'T!" Talon roars at me, shoving me back down as hysterics rushed like a river around me, crashing into me like tidal waves of grief. She was fine. She had to have made it out, the stubborn brat had to have made it out.

"NO! MELANIE! MELANIE! TALON, PLEASE! PLEASE!" I couldn't stop.

My lungs wouldn't stop.

"MELANIE!" I cry out, everything shattering around me and my world was closing in on me, I couldn't fight against Talon in my weak, insolent form, he dragged me back while my heart screamed for Melanie. She was right there with me, she was next to me, she was my breath, my ear, my blood pumping through my veins, my every fibre screamed for this girl.