Stranger Danger - Part Two

______________

"'Your Boyfriend'? What the heck does that mean?"

I was confused, obviously. As far as I knew, I definitely did not have a boyfriend, and I hadn't since the beginning of highschool years before. I prioritized my studies and school work over relationships, so I never had the time to try out the dating scene. And now, with work and college to worry about.. I really didn't have any room in my busy schedule for a serious relationship. Especially with somebody I didnt even know. Didn't your parents ever warn you about 'stranger danger'?

'It must have been that guy, right? The one that found my server book?'

Thinking back to the encounter, it must have been him. Nobody else could've gotten the chance, because the book was almost always sitting in my apron while I was working. And sure, it could've been someone at the diner who saw it on the counter or something, but..

'I'd love to have the pleasure?'

Nobody at Dad's spoke like that.. So formal and elegantly. Ninety percent of the employees could barely speak basic English, let alone form an actual pleasant sounding sentence.

I shook my head, removing the rest of my dirty work clothes. Wether it was from that guy or not, the whole thing was just plain creepy. I mean, calling himself my 'boyfriend' right off the bat? Was that some kind of attempt to be smooth? A mysterious hook to lure me in? News flash, stranger; it didnt work.

The only thing it did was weird me the hell out.

Realistically, It didnt make a lot of sense. Why not just talk to me like a normal person if you were interested? Why write some weird little note that I might not have ever even seen? What made him think it was ok to go through my personal belongings and start writing all over them?

I thought back to the stranger, and the odd aura that he gave off from our very brief encounter. His body appeared both tense and relaxed at the same time, standing completely still in the pouring rain. He had a huge grin on his face, and his eyes were slightly closed as he peered down at me. He almost seemed.. in a trance or something.

An image flashed in my head. Those eyes; glistening softly in the grey light of the rainy day. The way he stared at me silently with those unblinking blue irises..

I shuddered at the thought. Something about his face alone was just so.. unsettling. It wasn't that he was unattractive, quite the opposite actually, but the way he expressed his emotions just wasnt natural. His smile twisted in strange ways at the corners of his mouth, and his gaze seemed to burn right through my soul. When he looked at me, It was like he was staring through a window... and it made the blood in my veins run ice cold.

I shook my head dismissively. I didn't want to think about him anymore. It wasn't like I'd be seeing him ever again, so why worry about it? Wasnt work and bills enough to fret about already? I shouldn't be wasting my energy thinking about some weird guy who I spoke to for all of ten seconds.

I ripped out the page from the book and crumbled it up, throwing it over my shoulder and into the garbage can. If it wasnt already obvious, Im not going to be calling him. Sorry, stranger.

I stepped into the shower and exhaled heavily, the sudden change of temperature making my body tense up. I rested my head against the tile wall and breathed slowly, relaxing my shoulders as the steaming water trickled down my skin. From the moment I stepped into the tub, I could feel the dirt and grim from the day begin to wash off of me. Ketchup, sweat, grease.. The hot water was getting rid of it all. I stood there, quietly, enjoying the few seconds of peace and bliss. I didnt want to move at all.