Awakening

A/N: Ok so before the story begins: I am still watching the show for the first time. For this reason and in case there are any others in the same position as I: I don't want any spoiler talk in this book. You may only talk about things that have already happened in the book. I understand this is a big ask but I know how brilliant my fanbase are and I'm sure you'll be able to do it no problem!

???: Nurse, help. Nurse. Help!

Someone awakes from their long slumber to these words. They look around, squinting at the light. They cannot seem to remember a single thing about themselves. As they roll out of their bed they see a clipboard with the name y/n l/n written across it. It wasn't difficult to guess who that name belonged to. y/n wandered out of the room and was met with someone cannonballing into him. Both men fall to the ground.

y/n: Ah!

???: Sorry! Where is everyone?

y/n: I don't know. Just woke up from a coma, give a guy a break.

The man cocks his head.

???: Me too.

He holds out his hand.

???: Rick Grimes.

y/n takes it.

y/n: Uhh, y/n?

Rick: That sounded like a question.

y/n: It was.

y/n and Rick shuffle down the hallways. They come to a desk and Rick picks up the phone, but he is unable to get a dial tone. In one of the bins, y/n finds a pack of matches. He picks it up and lights one to make sure it works. they continue to walk down the dark hallway and Rick through a door. On the other side on the floor is a dead woman that is missing her abdomen and her entrails are hanging out of her stomach. Disgusted, Rick continues down the wall. He sees bullet holes and blood stains on the walls and walks toward a door that says, "Don't open, Dead Inside." When he approaches it, the door starts to push open but the lock and board that was placed on it prevents it from opening. Hands that look pale and dirty reach out to try to get at the two, but they run away from it. y/n tries to get inside the elevator, but it isn't working. Rick grabs him and runs into the stairwell, but it is dark inside. y/n lights several matches and walks down. Rick and y/n finally reach the bottom and go outside into the light. Outside as they walk down into the back parking lot, they see hundreds of bodies that are all strewn across the parking lot. They have been wrapped in body bags and Rick is disgusted by the sight of the dead bodies and flies buzzing around them. y/n looks heavily distressed. They walk up an embankment where there is a helicopter, military tents and vehicles set up. The place has been destroyed and abandoned.Rick walks down a street and finds a bicycle. y/n motions his hand to imply that Rick can have it. He picks it up and notices a mutilated corpse near it. When he moves the bike, the corpse actually turns on him. It's a dead woman that is missing her legs. She crawls towards Rick, but he jumps on the bike and rides away, y/n sprints along- matching Rick's pace. They reach what y/n assumes to be Rick's house since he starts running around yelling for Lori and Carl.