Chapter 1

I'm driving home from work when I see a man standing on the side of the road, holding his hand and thumb up, just like you would do when thumbing a ride. It was quite dark outside, of course it was because it was really late and nighttime. I wonder to myself why the man was outside on the road this late. I live quite far away from the city, where I work, about an hour and half drive. So why was he there? I stop the car where the man is standing and I roll down the car window. He walks up to the car and gives me a friendly and a thankful smile. I ask him where he's headed. He tells me that and I agree to give him a ride hence the place he's going to is not too far away from my home. He gets in the car and sits down. He tells me his name is Alexander Johnson and yawns.
We drive in silence for some time, got some reason the silence makes me feel uncomfortable, what if the man was  dangerous?

Finally I drive up to the place he's headed to. I stop the car and he goes out of the car. He thanks me for the ride and I nod in response, as a way of saying 'no problem'  I wave him bye and start driving to my home

I drive up to my house five minutes later and I stop the car, take the car keys and walk out of the car and up to the front door of my house. I unlock it and walk inside, relived to be home after such a long day at work.

I make myself some food for dinner to fill up my stomach. I eat in silence and let out a big yawn.
I finish eating and hurry to my room to get some sleep before having to wake up the next day for work.

When I'm done getting myself ready I go to bed and lay down, falling asleep almost immediately.

Alexander:

I thank her for the ride and smile at her, she nods at me and starts driving away, giving me a little wave as a goodbye. I wave back and watch her drive away. "I've found my next victim" I say quietly to myself and start walking towards the direction she was driving to. Thankfully she mentioned that she didn't live far away from where she dropped me off, besides only around 10 houses are placed around this area. I memorised the car number right before she drove off to make it easier for me to find the right place and house. After a short time of walking I find a house with a car pulled up to a driveway with that same number I had memorised. I chuckle quietly and walk up to the house. I make the decision to hide for few hours to make sure she's fully asleep.

Few hours later I walk up to the front door and put my hand on the doorknob, a big smile appears on my face when I feel that the door is unlocked, she probably forgot to lock it after she went inside. I open the door and step inside, close the door carefully and quietly to make sure I don't wake her up. That'd just ruin the fun for me and I don't want that to happen.
I walk around the house, it's a nice place but quite normal, like you'd see in a movie or seen described in a book. It doesn't take me long to find the bedroom, there are only three rooms in the house; bathroom, bedroom and the living room. The door is closed, carefully I open the door. The room is filled with darkness like the rest of the house but my eyes have gotten used to the dark, I feel like I have the eyesight of a cat now. I walk up to her bed and stare at her sleeping. She reminds me of a beautiful doll, laying there still and sleeping peacefully. I run my fingers carefully through her smooth and soft hair. I stop that and bend down a little to see her face more properly. I stroke her chin, feeling her soft skin under my fingers. "Oh how beautiful you are dear. Shame your life is coming to an end now, if not for that you'd probably have the most beautiful children" I whisper. I put my other hand in my pocket and take out something to make her sleep tighter. I put it over her mouth and feel her breathing slow down. She's now more asleep than she'll ever be... well until she's dead. That sleep will be the sleep she'll never wake up from. I raise myself up and pick her up. I carefully carry her outside and walk up to her car. I lay her down on the ground and go back inside to get the car keys. When I finally find them after searching for a few minutes I hurry outside and unlock the car. I open the door to the passenger seat and put her inside, close the door and walk to the other side of the car and open the door to the drivers seat. I insert the keys in the car and sit down inside. I quietly close the door and start driving away from her house.