1|marbles.

p/n=pronouns

songs
dark beach-pastel ghost
louise-tv girl
fly me to the moon-jun woo cover
twilight-boa
i love you so-the walters
i bet on losing dogs-mitski
apocalypse-cigarettes after sex

!graphic depictions of violence/death!

***

you were just sitting in a train station, mourning over the death of a friend. the last friend you had. you wanted to have a funeral for them, so badly. but you weren't in a good spot financially. you weren't in a good spot ever, really. it was a struggle to pay bills, you couldn't have the luxuries others had.

a man came up to you, in a suit. he asked you to play ddakji. holding up two tiles, red and blue. hesitant, you picked blue. a game where a player places their ddakji tile on the table. the throwing player tries to throw their tile so that it makes the other player's tile flip over. if they are successful, they get to keep the tile.

"not interested." you said, turning away.

the man opened the briefcase that was by his side, watching your reaction as he showcased the amount of money stacked into it.

"i get that? if i win?" you asked, running your fingers over the wads of cash.

he nodded, "and if you loose, i slap you."

you stood up, picking up a blue tile. "well, start!"

over and over again, the man's hand made contact with your face. almost an hour had passed when you finally tapped out.

"i'm done! i'm done playing." you say back down on the bench, with your head in hands.

"well, how would you like to play a game to win even more?"

you looked at him in curiosity.

the man handed you a brown card. with a circle, square, and triangle on it. "please consider."

that was all he said before stepping into a train and bolting away.

immediately, you pulled out your phone and called your boyfriend, armin.

"armin, you won't believe what just happened."

you walked back to your house on the phone with him, telling him about the man, the game of ddakji, and the card.

turns out, armin had the same experience a few hours earlier.
***

"armin, are we really going to do this?" you asked him, shivering in the night cold.

armin looked at you, then back to the van that pulled up in front of you two.

"it's too late to back out now."

the beginning of the end.
***
5 days.

5 games.

each leading to certain death, and the terror of witnessing people dropping dead.

1, red light green light. the game which most people died in. they ran and ran in fear, only to be shot dead.

2, honeycomb. where steady hands were needed. people cracked the cookie, praying to the pink soldiers not to kill them.

3, tug-of-war. two teams against each other trying to pull the other off their designated platform. one team would fall a horrifying death, while the other fell to the floor in joy and both in fear.

4, marbles. to be explained.

joining these games is definitely a decision you regret. who could've known, the game you joined to win money would've required you to play for your life?