Chapter 1

I walked into my nearest diner my friend had showed me over the weekend. I was new and she'd lived here her entire senior year. High school was a drag for me. I'm not even technically out of high school.
I step into the diner and get seated at the little counter in front of where the chef cooks. Pies fly out from everywhere, pancakes and other brunch meals are served to others in the diner.
My eyes meet a blue eyed brunette. His skin is a pale tanish color. His hair is a chocolate brown and his eyes are like the ocean. I turn to my food, but keep thinking of his beautiful blue eyes. I turn back around and his voice interrupts the commotion from around us.
"I'm Baylor, Baylor Barnes." I smile and pick up my fork, digging into my plate of eggs.
"I've lived here for my whole life, I was wondering, since I've never seen you around, if you were new... around here?"
My plate of eggs are 1/2 finished when I look up at him again.
"That obvious, huh?" He looks up and down.
"Eh, you got the hunter style down."
I look down at my plaid, red flannel and ripped cut-offs with my cowgirl boots. My shirt reads California Republic, but I'm originally from Jersey. Not the high end, rude snobs Jersey, either.
A plate of toast and jam is set in front of him and an older gentleman sits down next to him.
Baylor grabs a piece of buttered toast and puts it on my plate.
"There," I girly giggle and put some eggs on his plate.
"There," I say in a mocking tone.
I finish eating all my food and end up full and really burp-y.
"Well I'll see you around I hope," I say, setting down a little piece of paper next to his plate.
He looks down and I can see his grin as I turn around before I walk out.
My thoughts on this kid are so high I can't even function to get my car started. I sit in my car for practically 20 minutes before squealing and driving to my little house.
Around 10ish I get a text from an unknown number.
(###)###-####] Hey, it's Baylor
I get a grin upon my face that won't go away. My fingers type fast against the key board.
Me] Hey
I add him to my contacts and we end up chatting for hours.

========-=======
Hi I'm the author, if you like it make sure to check out the story every two days because I should be updating :)