SEE YOU TOMORROW

"Carsein!" I called to the figure walking away from me. The cool afternoon breeze slightly swept his hair off his face as he turned around and faced me.

His mysterious and gentle black eyes stared at me as if asking what I'm going to say. At times like these, he is like a puppy waiting for his owner. He's so cute! I flashed a grin at him and said,

"See you tomorrow!" I widened my grin hoping that'll brighten up his mood a bit.

He still looked at me, as I examined his face again while grinning from ear to ear. He is handsome. With his jet black hair and mysterious black eyes, his well-defined jaw and perfectly sculpted nose plus his soft pale skin.

 Everything about him is such a magical sight although his eyes are my favorite. His eyes are very mysterious yet it's somewhat the most honest part of him. He's often perceived as cold but he is a warm-hearted person.

His eyes shine the brightest when he's happy and it's such a beautiful sight. He seems pretty down lately. His eyes... They weren't as bright as they used to be. I'm worried that's why I'm trying to cheer him up even if it's only a little bit.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." He smiled ever so gently as he said that.

Maybe he feels a little better now. His eyes brightened a bit. I smiled softly at him feeling relieved. As he walked toward the sunset-filled sky, his figure got smaller and smaller as I watched him get farther and farther away. I reminisced the times that we are together.

Ever since we were little, we were always together. We hung out together, always playing with each other. He'd protect me when someone bullies me. He was the light in my world, my sunshine. He's the one who's giving me warmth...

He's my best friend...

My precious best friend...

My bright, gentle yet strong best friend...

I'm Sorry.

"...He's gone..." The voice over the phone uttered these painful, horrible words. " He's gone, Jane... My baby's gone...!" His mother's sobs can be heard resounding through the phone. Those sobs that are filled with anguish, sadness, regrets... Or is it my regrets? My emotions, my anger, my should haves, my could haves...

I remember his smile... His gentle, beautiful, sweet smile... That ethereal scene before my eyes...

I should've held onto him. I should've grabbed him, and asked him to stay. I should've been by his side when he needed me the most. I should've... should've-

"- Yeah, See you tomorrow-" You Liar... You big fat Liar...

I remember his figure disappearing into the sunset-filled sky as he gets farther and farther away...

"... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I'm so sorry I didn't realize it sooner...

My once bright and lively room, the one we used to play in together, the one where our memories together lived the most, turned dull and lifeless as silence overcame the surroundings with only the echoing of my sobs can be heard.

' See you tomorrow' I said to him that day not realizing it wasn't true.

End...