You belong with me

We're sixteen, junior year of high school started three months ago and We're sitting in my room on a typical Tuesday night.

I'm sitting on the floor next to my bed and you're standing in the middle of the room on the phone with your girlfriend.

She's upset, she's going off about something that you said, and all I can hear is yelling from you're phone.

You look at me for a moment, you have an apologetic look on your face that says I'm sorry you have to see this.

I'm guessing she's mad about a joke you said that she took too seriously. She doesn't get your humor like I do.

The music we're listening to (that she doesn't like) plays in the background of your fight.

You're trying to wrap up you're phone call, you don't want to spend our time together fighting with your girlfriend. And all I can think about is that you shouldn't be with her. You should be with me.

You get off the phone with her and look at me like you're about to hate what your about to say.

" I'm sorry to cut this short drew, you know I really wanted to spend time with you but...."

" but you have to go?"I finish for you.
Even without her here she controls what you do. It's like we never get to see each other nowadays.

" it's fine I get it, if you need to go apologize to her in person ,I understand."

Why can't you see I'm the one who understands you. She doesn't get your story like I do.

You give me a closed smile and pick up your school bag.

" I'll see you tomorrow though?, we can walk to the football game together." You turn to me at the door before leaving.

"Sounds good." I smile back, I can't say more without sounding disappointed.

You leave, and I wait a minute before rushing to my bedroom window.
I look out and I'm not surprised to see her in her car, picking you up.

From my view, I can see she's wearing a short skirt and high heels. I'm wearing a t- shirt and sneakers. She's wearing makeup and I'm wearing glasses.

There's no way you'd pick her over me. Plus, she's a girl, I'm not, so there's that.

I look away before I can see her lean in for a kiss. It seems like you two fixed things up already.

We've been best friends for years, and I've never seen you so stressed and unhappy since you've started dating. All you do is fight, so why do you stay with her?

Later like every night, I dream about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next night, I meet you at a park bench that's next to my house. You don't talk about yesterday's altercation, and I'm thankful.

The December air makes my body cold but my face grows red and warm standing so close to you.

We start walking down the streets toward the school. Your wearing worn out jeans and your signature orange beanie that she always tells you to leave at home.

My hand is itching to hold yours. When did our hands get closer.

You've got a smile that could light up this whole town, sometimes I don't see it for a while when she brings you down. I'm glad this isn't one of those times. With you it feels so easy, this is how it should be.