ONE SHOT

Four girls were talking and laughing while bullying a bookworm student who recently confessed to me.

I'm blankly staring at my phone while listening to them, contemplating whether to stop them or not.

He's pitiful, the bookworm student. He wore an old uniform that has a yellowish color. He's bathing at a mixture of different flavors of milk tea. He has his head down like a poor little bullied puppy.

I want to stop them but...

I don't know what to say.

I'm not good with words. I'm afraid I'll offend them. But he's really pitiful. How do I stop them? Should I say 'enough' with a strong face? How do I answer if they ask me why? Should I say because he's really pitiful? What if they misunderstand? What if the pitiful bookworm student think I'm being sarcastic?

Then should I say it's not his fault to like me? Yay! My heart is already twitching in an uncomfortable way just by thinking of me saying it.

"Get lost!"

I'm still in the middle of making choices when the pitiful bookworm student ran away.

"An ugly duckling fantasizing a swan. He's disgusting. Don't worry Queen, we'll never allow a dirt latch on you"

I cast a blank look at her and focus on my phone again. They all sat down and chatted about luxuries.

They call me Queen and they call themselves my 'friends'. We're not really close, they just tagged on me when we were in junior high and followed me till now.

I don't really want them to tag on me but I don't know how to say it. I'm not good with words.

Everyone thinks I'm cold and aloof but I just don't know how to approach anyone, I don't know how mingle.

I also want to have friends, real friends, but I don't know how to make friends.

It was a very hot noon. I ordered a frappe and have it delivered. The cafe is just outside the campus, I want to go myself but my heart is already making 'dug dug' with just the thought of it and me ordering the frappe. My 'friends' are practicing a dance at the gymnasium so I am alone.

When the delivery came, I took the frappe, pay the bill, and turn around without a word.

One more corner and I will soon reach the school park. It's good that there are no student around, I won't get nervous for being looked at. They're probably taking their lunch.

I turned at the corner but a wall suddenly emerged. My frappe spilled on my uniform and on the white wall.

I almost got thrown due to the impact, fortunately I was able to quickly grasped on the railing.

I secretly sighed out of relief when I felt something was amiss. The railing felt hot and soft. Don't tell me...

"Newly baked bread?"

"What?"

I was startled when a sleepy voice sounded and instantly looked up only to find out that the wall has grown a head with a very handsome face. The face is so flawless that pores are almost not visible. He's got a soft features with high nose complementing his thick eyebrows, long curly lashes, and seductive droopy eyes.

I looked down at railing that suddenly became an arm and looked back at the head then down again. I was surprised and amazed gawking at the wall.

"You transform into human"

The wall's eyebrows creased.

"What are you talking about? Hey lady, you bumped into me and dirtied my uniform. Are you not going say anything?"

A-ah?

"The wall wore a uniform?"

My mouth almost hanged open in astonishment.

"You! You!-- Look lady, I'm a student here, not a wall, okay?"

I blinked processing his words and recall what happened. Ah? He's a student, I bumped into him and dirtied his clothes? Huh?! Is this the 'legendary female lead literally bumping into male lead' cliche in the novels?

What? I'm already having goosebumps.

"Still not saying sorry?"

I became instantly flustered and pinched the corner of my uniform, I'm talking with a human. I instantly put my blank face on again to mask my inner turmoil. Wait, sorry? Just he thought of saying it is making me feel like thousand of ants are crawling in my chest.

Looking at the human with a raise eyebrow wearing an impatient expression. I pinched my thigh to ignore the feeling in my chest and bowed down so he won't see me me biting my lip.

"Sorry"

A long silence followed. I counted to a hundred but the feet in front of me is still there. I decided to take a peek and found him staring at me with his arms crossed. It's embarrassing.

Should I bow down again or should I meet his gaze? If I bow down then I will look like a silly little girl caught peeping but if I meet his gaze then I will awkward, who knows when the staring contest will end. Looking up for a long time can cause stiffed neck.

"Your sorry is for you bumping on me. But what about the dirt on my uniform?"

I was still contemplating when I feel something touch my chin and raised it up.

"Nevermind, I'll just get the apology myself."

I was still blankly staring at him when his face magnified and something soft, wet, and hot made contact with my lips.

My mind blanked out.

"Not bad"

I looked at him in horror. My vision is turning blurry.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry! There's no use crying over spilled frappe and there's no use crying over a lost kiss."

He wiped my tears using his fingers. My heart is beating so fast that it hurts. I bit his fingers. His expression twitched but he didn't make a sound and coaxed me instead.

"It's okay, you can bite all you want."

I tasted blood so I released him. His fingers are bleeding but I'm mad, I'm still mad. I sharply looked at him when he made a step forward.

"How about this, I stole you a kiss, so to be fair, why don't you stole me a kiss too?"