chapter 1

The same as every morning. I wake up, make my bed, eat my breakfast, then do absolutely nothing. But today was different right from the get-go,I woke up and walked to my door with no explanation as if I knew something was going to be delivered. I steadily but casually walk to my door and in the gold-crusted letterbox was an old-looking letter, it looked at least a couple of centuries old. I looked at this letter.

"what the" I said intrigued. then I walked sharply to my kitchen sat on the spinning tabletop chair trying my hardest not to make it spin and lose focus on this letter. on the front of this letter written in ink that was very faint and had been gone over a couple of times to make it opaque was my name, "Allison Maryann Cruisanna" followed by "15 Shutterfly Avenue" "Jacksonville, Florida". I assumed it came from an older generation relative or family friend. I opened it as I normally would open any letter i got in the mail that wasn't from either my district attorney or tax collectors. inside the envelope was a handwritten letter in the same ink that was used on the front of the envelope this time it was more opaque and readable. the letter stated.

'to Miss Allison Maryann Cruisanna, we gratefully inform you that you have been requested to attend the Miss Universe Pageant as a guest. This is a mandatory event and your presence should be expected at 145 ShallowBay Cresent, New Orleans, Louisana. The pagent will happen on the 21st of December 2021 and will last around a week'

As I'm reading this it sounds more and more like a must than a request.

"it's not like I don't have anything planned," I say to myself almost excited to attend this pageant I haven't got a clue about. I decided I will attend this event what have I got to lose. I continue to read the letter.

'Enclosed in this note, is 1 plane ticket a return from Jacksonville to New Orleans. and you'll be met at the airport by one of the pageants executive managers. then taken to a secure hotel before the pageant and prepped by our best staff and employees, in this time you will have time to socialize with the other plus ones and the contestants chosen for Miss Universe until the beginning of the competition'

The more and more i read the more mesmerized I become with the idea of watching. every sentence draws me in. and its good for me to get out of town for a while ive been feeling very useless,lonely and bored for months now, and suddenly i get this invite to one of the biggest competeions in the world. Hell yeah, sign me up!