chapter 1:

Her eyes widened as she stared at the scene that was put before her.

Her hands soaked in blood; her white dress, now soaking up the morbid liquid as she stood in the middle of the dark puddle. She backed away, feeling her feet sticking to the ground.

"This is not my fault!"

It was what Sadie always told herself whenever something bad happened. It was never her fault.

Sadie was born the daughter of wealthy parents and she grew up spoiled and very loved.

She was a studious child and was very attentive whenever the governess would come and teach her how to read and write. Her parents made her take violin courses, and she was undeniably talented. When she reached 10 and had learned all the basic things she had to know, she stopped getting education. The little girl found that fortunate as she got to play with her dolls all day instead of having to go to school like the little boys did. 

Even if she liked the idea of not working, the young girl continued playing the violin. It was as if she fell in love with the wooden instrument. She would play it hours and hours a day. Not stopping unless her parents came to scold her.

In her mother's eyes, Sadie was the perfect daughter; she was as smart as she was pretty.She had bright blue eyes that reminded her of her husband and had the same shiny blond hair as her. 

Ms Davis, as her name was, made a point of honour to always be there for her child. Her husband wasn't often here as he had to go abroad for business most of the time. So, she took it upon herself to care for their daughter. She often took hours to style her hair in the morning, just to see the little girl's eyes sparkle and her smile widen as she got to wear big, frilly dresses. 

Being raised like that Sadie always thought the world revolved around her, so when she broke a vase for the first time, she thought "this isn't my fault. The person who put it there must be fully responsible". And when the maids came to clean it up, she didn't feel an ounce of remorse. 

It was always like that with Sadie. She was very clumsy and turbulent, but when bad things happened because of her she never cared, for it was never her fault. And she grew up like that, the years passing and her still not showing compassion for the poor maids who were constantly cleaning after her. Despite that, she was always sweet and loving to everyone, in nice sunny afternoons she would go to the terrace and chat with the gardener. A lot of people admired her and even if she always made a mess the maids were devoted to her. 

She broke a lot of things, but never once did she make even the smallest of dents in her violin. She was very careful with it and spent a lot of time cleaning it and taking care of it. It was her most prized possession. She soon discovered herself a passion for art and was very enthusiastic when she shared it with her mother. They spent a lot of time together, reading books, purchasing paintings, and occasionally ordering some specially made dresses. 

For her 18th birthday, as it was a very special occasion, her mother took her to the theatre. They rarely went and Ms Davis thought it would be a great occasion for her daughter.

Sadie might just remember this night for the rest of her life. She couldn't even recall what play it has been. The play was not her main interest that night...