1

I was in an interview when I heard the news. I remember watching as the news reporter announced my fathers death. In french of course. I wasn't surprised his death reached Paris. I was just surprised the world knew before I did.

"Ca va?"

My focused returns to the small woman across from me.

"Désolé." I apologize before grabbing my bag and standing up to leave. "Au revoir." I rush out the door before she can respond.

+++++++

Seeing the academy again was nostalgic to say the least. I wasn't to excited to see my siblings. After all I did drop off the face of the earth the second we turned 18.

"Monica?"

I jump and snap my head to the source of the voice.

"Klaus!?" I look back at my old friend with a surprised smile. I practically run to him and give him an almost fatal hug.

"Woah there girlfriend." He chokes out.

I let go with a laugh. I scrunch my nose at the apparent smell of garbage and weed. He hasn't changed a bit.

Mom appears in my vision and a let out a small gasp. She looked exactly like I remember.

"I'll catch up with you later Santa Claus." I pat the side of his head before making my way to mom. I turn back to him as he speaks again.

"I'll be treasure hunting if you need me Money." He calls out before dancing up the stairs. No doubt high as a kite.

"Mom?" A small voice calls out a few moments later.

I turn my head once more.

"Monica?" Vanya gasps as she scans me.

"Hey shortcake," I let out a small laugh as I walk towards her and give her a less strangling hug.

We had been the best of friends during our childhood. I still felt the same warmth around her even after so many years.

"Where have you been?"

"Paris. I've always loved France. I've been there since I left."

"You have an accent." She states. Still as awkward as ever. "And wow you're hot now."

"She's right," I see Allison walk down the steps. "Hey Monica, Vanya."

"Hey Allison." Vanya greets her.

"Your actually here?" Allison smiles before give Vanya a small hug.

Diego walks into the room in a strange looking outfit.

"What is she doing here? You don't belong here. Not after what you did."

"Really? You're gonna do this today? Way to dress for the occasion by the way!" Allison calls out as he walks away.

"At least i'm wearing black."

+

My room was the same as I remembered as well. A twin sized four poster bed with black lace draped around the room. It was quite bare. I took everything I had when I left. I wanted nothing more then to leave here when I was young. Now all I wanted was to go back home in France.

The inheritance would help me finally live my dream. I had a job at a small clothing company but I was fired for pouring my coffee on a handsy customer. My real dream was to own my own clothing company. I even made the dress I wore. It was a fitted black velvet dress with dark red lace on the edges and reach mid-thigh. I also had on black fishnet tights with matching dark red stilettos.